• Three hour session covering a basic overview of D-SLR photography
• Meet and greet session over tea and coffee to meet your instructor
• Learn techniques, improve your skills and new ideas in photography
• Practical session within a wildlife park to practice your new found skills
• Summary and question time
• All participants will receive individual time with the instructor
• You will form part of a small group of three participants
• A training note summary
• Admission to the safari park (so you can enjoy the park before or after your class)
What Can I Expect
If you want know your aperture from your focus depth, book yourself onto these beginners’ photography courses based at Knowsley Safari Park near Liverpool. This workshop is designed especially for newcomers to the art of taking photographs and aims to show you how to get the best film results for whatever camera you’re using out in the ‘wilds’ of the park with the animals as your focal points.
As with any photography course for beginners, this session explains and demonstrates the different camera settings available, when to use them and how to adapt other aspects like exposure and composition to create stunning snapshots of your chosen subject. All half day courses have an emphasis on being hands-on, so alongside the instructions and tutorials, you’ll be able to get out into the safari park and put your new skills to the test on a range of landscapes and wild animals.
Class numbers for the novice group are kept low, to just three participants, giving you plenty of personalised time with your ‘photography for beginners’ instructor to iron out the kinks in your techniques. There’s also the chance to bring along some of your existing photos for some friendly and constructive advice on how to improve them.
For those with more advanced equipment, such as tripods and filters, you can bring these along to the photography course and get some beginners’ tips and advice on how to make best use of them. Workshops run either in the morning or afternoon and last approximately three hours in total, giving you plenty of time to absorb all those fantastic facts about photography methods. The experience price also includes admission to Knowsley Safari Park, so during your downtime you can explore the wildlife park at your leisure and perhaps even capture some dramatic scenes thanks to your new-found skills.
These fast-focus experiences are the perfect present for any lens-loving photography enthusiast and, when combined with time spent exploring the safari park, can make for a brilliant day out for all the family. So why not bring your flash and macro skills up to scratch with these beginners’ photography courses in Merseyside and see if you can catch some incredible wildlife and landscape shots at this thrilling snap-happy location.
• Available on selected dates throughout the year
• Morning and afternoon sessions are available (9am-12 noon and 1pm-4pm)
• Please note: The park is closed weekdays from November to March so guests can not visit the park before or after the event
• Minimum age 14
• All under 16's must be accompanied by a voucher holding adult
• This experience involves moderate walking over made up pathways
• The lesson is ideal for beginners to photography
• Good images should be achieved with cameras that have telephoto lenses
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn according to the season and terrain
• Waterproof coats and trousers are advisable in wet weather
• You must be able to carry all photographic equipment
• Fill in flash, tripods, charged batteries and additional memory cards are recommended
• Spectators are unable to join you on this experience but may purchase on the day standard admission tickets to enter the venue
• There are tea and coffee facilities and toilets on site
• Wheelchair users and those with specific needs should contact the venue before booking
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• At a special training centre in a wildlife park on Merseyside