• Afternoon Tea for Two
• Selection of finger sandwiches, sponge and cream cakes, scones with clotted cream and jam preserve
• Served with a hot pot of English Breakfast tea
• Choose the Gin option and you will each receive Phileas Foggs favourite Gin & Tonic
• Fizz option includes a bottle of Prosecco for you to share
What Can I Expect
Around the world in 80 days with Phileas Fogg’s afternoon teas for two! You’ll be taking tea in the Reform Bar, a magical place that brings author Jules Verne’s famous world traveller Fogg’s character to life.
Although this Brighton venue looks rather innocuous from the outside, as soon as you step inside, you’ll be plunged into the whacky world of Phileas Fogg. It’s like going back in time to the late 1800s, when the upper classes frequented Gentleman’s Clubs and made suitably noble bets to do unimaginable feats, like travelling around the whole world in just 80 days.
This is exactly what our main character Phileas Fogg does whilst enjoying his favourite gin tipple in the Reform Club. And the Reform Bar, where you’ll be having your afternoon tea, bares an uncanny resemblance to those Victorian private members’ clubs. Wood panelling galore, portraits adorning the walls and staff dressed to the nines in starched white shirts and waistcoats.
You’d be forgiven for thinking you’d walked into a film set, because that is exactly how this venue has been designed. It’s a crystal maze meets escape room sort of affair, offering riddles and puzzles through a series of rooms. The sets were created by the Pinewood Studios team behind box office hits such as Star Wars, James Bond and Harry Potter. And whilst you won’t be taking part in the adventure, the Reform Bar ad Indoor garden is a great place to socialise, get into that Victorian spirit and enjoy your tea.
And what a good afternoon tea spread Phileas Fogg puts on! All the best bits are there, from the freshly baked scones with lashings of clotted cream and jams, to the big pot of tea. For a proper homage to the adventurous man himself, you can go for the Gin Afternoon Tea, served with a richly deserved large G&T. Or if you prefer to add some bubbles to the whole proceedings, opt for the Fizz Afternoon Tea with a bottle of Prosecco for you to share.
• Afternoon tea is served on Fridays and weekends throughout the year
• Fridays between 13:00 and 17:00
• Saturdays and Sundays between 11:00 and 17:00
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Minimum age for Gin or Fizz options is 18
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Brighton, BN1
• Afternoon tea is served in the indoor Garden room on the first floor of Phileas Fogg's World of Adventures