• 25 mile helicopter sightseeing tour along the Dorset Heritage coastline
• Flights last approximately 15 minutes
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your helicopter pilot
• Fly west all the way to Lyme Regis before orbiting and returning to Bridport
• Expect to see sights such as West Bay, Charmouth the Golden Cap and the Pearl of Dorset
• Flights are generally taken in an Airbus AS350 helicopter accommodating up to 5 passengers
What Can I Expect
Shining very brightly is this Pearl of Dorset sightseeing flight! Hop aboard the helicopter and head along the Dorset coastline to Lyme Regis, the lovely seaside town famous for fossils and films that’s affectionately known as the Pearl of Dorset. It’s a lovely place and the journey to get there is pretty impressive too!
Your rendezvous point for these helicopter tours is at a farm just outside Bridport. With Jersey cows grazing, homemade ice cream on sale in the farm shop and acres of rolling Dorset countryside all around, the take off is as pretty as a picture.
Once airborne, you’ll be taking a westerly direction over West Bay and along the coastline. Between Seatown and Charmouth the coastline is pretty wild and spectacular with it. Golden Cap is typical of the area, with its golden-topped cliffs dropping down to the sea. Neighbouring Charmouth is as charming as you’d imagine, with beach huts and golden sands.
Swooping in over Lyme Regis in your helicopter, it’s pretty clear why the town is the Pearl of Dorset. Historic shopfronts and buildings on the steep little High Street run down to the beach and the harbour. And there’s the famous Cobb, which will take you back to John Fowles’s ‘The French Lieutenant’s Woman’. The book was set in Lyme Regis and parts of the film were shot here too.
Nature lovers will adore flying over Monmouth Beach and Chippel Bay, where, even from 1000ft in the air, you’ll be able to see families fossil hunting. This whole area is filled with walking trails and fossil finds. Getting to see it all from the air give you the chance to observe it all from a very different angle - and it’s a true delight.
Your Pearl of Dorset sightseeing flights lasts around 15-minutes and covers over 25 miles of this historic coastline. Taking a camera is an absolute must, so you can capture those lovely Dorset panoramas and vistas from your prime viewing position in the helicopter.
• Selected weekdays and weekends from March to October
• Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 4
• Under 14s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone (if over 15 stone please advise prior to booking your date)
• Maximum height 6ft 3 ins
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Specific routes are subject to air traffic traffic and weather conditions
• Onsite toilets
• Refreshments can be purchased from the farm shop
• Flights depart from Burton Bradstock, near Bridport, DT6