• Begin your 60 minute experience with a briefing in progressing from your knees to standing
• Exclusive tuition
• Learn to use the paddle to propel your way across the water, exploring the beautiful lakes and surroundings
• Working on your core strength, peacefully paddle board your way to fitness
• Allow approximately one hour on site for this experience
• All wet-suits and buoyancy aids provided on the day
What Can I Expect
Go from kneeling to standing up in a matter of no time when you learn paddleboarding in Bedfordshire! Wyboston Lakes is the perfect place to try out this rather relaxed water sport. The venue, just outside St Neots, boasts multiple in-land lakes and great purpose-built lakeside facilities. It’s a veritable hive of on and off water activities too.
These beginner paddleboarding vouchers are great value, as they offer one to one personalised coaching. You'll get to learn all the basics of SUP (that’s what those in the know call it, as in Stand Up Paddleboarding). It’s also great fun, pretty easy to the hang of and a very chilled out way of getting on the water, without having to be some gnarly surf dude or dudette.
Sounds like your sort of thing? Well, buy your paddleboarding experience in Bedfordshire now and before you know it, you will be out on the Wyboston Lakes gently gliding over the water under your own steam.
As these sessions all include teaching, you’ll begin with an on-shore briefing that covers safety and that all important paddle technique. Then you’ll head out to the water and tackle that first task of actually getting up on the board. Yes, there’s a certain knack to it, but you’ll start off by getting into a kneeling position, before progressing to actually standing up.
The whole Wyboston team here in Bedfordshire is great. All paddleboarding tutors are patient, enthusiastic and will encourage you if you’re feeling a touch nervous. Indeed, even those who can swim, but aren’t keen on being out on the water, generally manage to stand up and paddle themselves quite happily along within the introductory lesson time.
And believe us, once you’ve cracked it, you’ll love this SUP lark as you go paddleboarding with ease around these Bedfordshire lakes. We think Wyboston is a great centre to learn and build confidence on the board.
• Operating 7 days a week between February to December, subject to availability
• All participants must be able to swim
• Minimum age 16
• Spectators are welcome
• The venue offers a large clubhouse serving drinks and snacks
• There is ample parking available onsite
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Wyboston Lakes, near St Neots in Bedfordshire