• Try 3 different paddle sports
• Have a go at canoeing, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding
• Learn the basics with an instructor
• Wetsuits and buoyancy aid provided
• Sessions will last approximately 1-2 hours
• You will form part of a group
• There will be one instructor for every eight participants
What Can I Expect
Try not one, not two but three paddle sports in Stirlingshire! There’s nowhere better than the Scottish countryside to learn how to canoe, kayak and stand-up paddle board. It’s going to be a wonderful day out in the most stunning setting - and yes you will get wet!
This busy outdoor activity centre just outside Gartmore boasts an enviable location right on the edge of the Trossachs National Park. It’s actually a farm, covering over 50 acres and with 12 acres of woodland too. The River Forth and runs through the estate and this is where your paddle sport activities will take place - right on site, with no long minibus transfers to the launch spot.
What really makes this place is the staff. Each member of the team is friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming. It’s clear they all love their jobs (and who wouldn’t with such a beautiful backdrop?) They’re also really patient and know just how to encourage nervous first timers. After all, if you’ve never paddled out on the water before it can be quite daunting.
Not here in Stirlingshire though. The waters are calm enough to build confidence and flowing enough to keep you going. These experiences are brilliant in the fact that you get to try canoeing, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding in one session. And whilst they might all look a bit wobbly, once you’ve got the hang of getting on (or in) and got to grips with the paddle technique, you’ll be off.
Of course, the instructors are on hand to teach you all the basics and an initial training session will take place on dry land so you know what you doing. And fear not, these boards, canoes and kayaks are actually more stable than you’d think. Relax a bit, remember the advice of your instructor and listen to those words of encouragement and it’ll all be good.
Children as young as eight (when accompanied by an adult) can join in on these paddle sports days in Stirlingshire, so why not make it a family affair out on the river? Or perhaps gather a groups of mates together for some paddling fun?
• Available on selected dates Friday to Monday
• Sessions run between April and October
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Due to the nature of this activity it is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Tea and coffee can be purchased on site, toilet facilities are also available
• Gartmore, Stirlingshire