• A paddleboarding experience
• A three hour session on the Llangollen canal
• Wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets paddles and paddleboards are provided
• With expert tuition you will be learn how to manoeuvre the board and learn basic strokes and key skills such as balancing, turning and steering
• Experiences are hosted by BCU certified instructors
What Can I Expect
Cruise the gently flowing canal when you go paddle boarding in Wales! It's time you got up to speed with SUP (that's Stand Up Paddle boarding) at Wales's friendliest paddle boarding centre, just outside Llangollen. Get ready to learn the art of riding a surf board whilst stood on it!
We could tell you all about the origins of paddle boarding, but there's nothing like just getting yourself down to this stunning part of Wales and getting on with it. Some surfing purists aren't too keen on SUPpers, but who cares when it's this much fun? It's a lot easier to get the hang of and means you can have fun during your very first session, rather than spending all your time trying and failing abysmally get up on the your paddle board. None of that here in Wales, you'll be up and away in minutes!
At first glance these boards look pretty wobbly, but they are in fact incredibly buoyant and stable. It's more of a mind over matter thing really and with the experienced paddle boarders at this Welsh centre just brimming with enthusiasm for their sport, they will soon get your confidence built up and you standing solidly on the board, paddle in hand.
OK, that's the onshore tutoring done. Now it's time to do it all over again… but out on the water this time!
Flat water, or touring paddle boarding, is the most popular here in Wales and the easiest to pick up. On this half day trip you'll be going gently with the flow on the Llangollen Canal. There's something quite peaceful, therapeutic even, as the only sound is your board gliding along and the drips from your paddle blade. Mind you, there's plenty of scope for a splash about too and all sessions include some fun water games as well.
Time out on the waters of Wales on a paddle board is both a relaxing and an exhilarating experience that all ages will love. And indeed, the minimum age for baby SUP riders is just eight years old, when accompanied. As you’d expect, all the gear you need to get paddle boarding in Wales is provided by the team for you.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions are available at 9:00 or 13:30
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult (they don't have to take part)
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Corwen, Denbighshire