• Learn the basics of the sport of polo over two days
• One night stay in the onsite Manor House
• Breakfast is included
• Qualified coaches will take you through the first steps of this exciting sport
• A full days introduction, learning the polo swing, how to ride polo style and practice on horseback
• BBQ lunch is provided
• A final session the following morning putting your skills into practice
• Basic overview of the rules of polo
• A mini game of polo, playing your very first chukka!
• You will form part of a group of up to 10 participants
What Can I Expect
Pack a bag, you’re going to lovely Leadenham on an overnight polo break for two! Your destination for this midweek short break is the Polo Club at Leadenham, a sleepy little village in the heart of Lincolnshire. Over the two days you’ll be learning and having lots of fun playing polo.
James Reeve, who grew up in the area, created this charming polo club. A lot was invested to ensure the polo field is of the highest possible quality (and when you see the perfectly manicured turf you’ll see what we mean), making it a great club. Along with colleagues Rob and Lydia, this venue is run as a polo club, polo school and events venue.
You’ll be a guest in the Manor House, the Grade II listed stone-built traditional farmhouse in the heart of the estate, which offers homely and comfortable accommodation to pupils enrolled on the two day polo course. Breakfast is included, as is a BBQ on your full day of polo training. There are also several country pubs in the vicinity for evening meals.
But back to the polo. These courses are designed for those who have no polo experience, as well as appealing to those who are already confident on a horse. You’ll be taught all the skills you need to strike the polo ball, the necessary horse riding techniques and how to play. We have to say, the Argentinian ponies are all super responsive and totally unflappable, and before long you’ll be cantering with confidence.
Having enjoyed a full day of training, you’ll be able to make the most of the tennis court, the croquet lawn and (best of all!) the outdoor hot tub at the Manor House. All a great way to relax after a day in the saddle. After your breakfast the next day, there’s one more session out on the polo field, where you’ll get to grips with playing a mini polo match. It’s exciting, energetic and superb fun, all with a friendly atmosphere.
An overnight polo break at this wonderful equestrian centre in picturesque Lincolnshire village is a great break away with a difference - and remember, no polo or horse riding experience is needed!
• Sessions operate on selected weekday dates between April and October
• All dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Suitable for both competent riders to those who have never ridden
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a spectating or participating adult
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the polo sessions
• Lunch can be arranged for an additional charge for spectators by prior arrangement
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn, jeans and shoes/boots with block heels are recommended
• Polo experiences operate in a small group with a minimum of 4 people
• In the unlikely event minimum numbers are not reached, alternative dates will be offered
• Leadenham, Lincoln