• A guided tour of the vineyard and woodland nature trail
• Information on the vineyard and an insight into the organic wine industry
• Learn about the process of making wine
• Tutored tasting of 4 organic and biodynamic wines made at the vineyard
• Ploughman's lunch (meat and cheese) or traditional afternoon tea
• Allow up to 2 hours at the venue for this experience
Tour for Two
• Your meal is served with a glass of still wine each
Deluxe Tour for Two
• Your meal is served with a glass of sparkling wine each
• A bottle of red, white or rose wine to take home
What Can I Expect
Discover wines as you’ve never known them before when you try wine tasting in East Sussex! This organic vineyard is producing English wines with a passion and their innovative use of biodynamics lends a new flavour to the art of winemaking - made all the more tasty as the tours are combined with some lovely food too!
Set in the heart of 1066 country with far-reaching views towards Battle, the vines grow surrounded by ancient bluebell woods, which you’ll explore as part of your wine tasting adventure. The East Sussex vineyard is the longest-established organic vineyard in the country. On these guided tours you’ll discover all there is to know about traditional wine production and the more modern biodynamic techniques.
After a woodland stroll around this East Sussex vineyard to see the vines, it’s time to head to the winery. Here an expert host will tell you all about how the grapes are pressed and fermented, as well as seeing the blending processes and bottling machinery.
Next it’s time for the juicy part: your tutored wine tasting lesson. At the appropriately named Bar-in-the-Barn, you’ll have the opportunity to taste some of the award-winning wines produced by the East Sussex team. Just like a real wine tasting connoisseur, you’ll be given a tasting sheet to note down your thoughts and impressions upon sampling each delectable wine choice.
The wine-themed fun doesn’t end there. You’ll head to the restaurant for a nice sit down and some food, where there’s a choice of afternoon tea, or ploughman’s using deliciously fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. Should you upgrade to the deluxe our package, a bottle of wine awaits to take home with you.
A day of food and wine tasting in East Sussex is a fantastic opportunity for any wine lover to discover the entire grape-to-glass process, sample the end product and taste some really lovely food too. It’s a delight to see how much effort goes into creating these wonderful biodynamic bottles of joy.
• May to October within the vine growing season
• 11:30 and 13:00 arrivals will include Ploughman's lunch
• 15:30 arrivals will include an Afternoon Tea
• Other selected dates by arrangement
• Minimum age 18
• Suitable clothing and footwear should be worn especially for the woodland walk
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Near Sedlescombe, East Sussex