• Drive an authentic Peterbilt 379 styled on 'Optimus Prime'
• Complete a lap of the lorry driving course with obstacles and reversing challenge
• Briefing and tuition from a professional lorry driver
• Approximately 15-20 minutes at the controls including a short in cab briefing
• You may form part of a small group of 3 and may ride as a passenger when not driving
• Please allow approximately one hour on site for this experience
Truck & Supercar Combo
• In addition to your truck driving experience you will also drive one supercar of your choice for 3 miles
• Please allow between 3-5 hours on site for this experience
• Aston Martin
• Nissan GTR
• Audi R8
• Toyota Supra
• Nissan Skyline
• Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
• Mustang GT
• Ariel Atom
What Can I Expect
‘Autobots…Roll out!’ the Optimus Prime truck driving experience is now here! This Transformers truck driving extravaganza takes place at a race track near you and gives you the chance to pilot a behemoth of an American truck that has an uncanny resemblance to Optimus Prime when he’s in vehicle mode.
Optimus Prime is the enigmatic and inspirational leader of the Autobots. He’s a brilliant tactician and a shrewd decision-maker, as well as possessing superb leadership qualifies and displaying incredible martial arts skills. Not bad for a giant-sized truck with a fancy paint job!
Throughout the live action Transformers films, he’s been portrayed by several different rigs. Apart from the first generation Optimus Prime who was a short-nose Wentworth, he has always been an impressive long-nose truck. In Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon he was a Peterbilt 379.
The Optimus Prime-a-like you’ll be driving is indeed a celebrated Peterbilt 379, complete with gleaming chrome everywhere on the cab, that distinctive aggressive grille and the obligatory long nose bonnet. And of course, he's dressed for serious Decepticon-fighting Autobot business, with that wonderful flame-inspired metallic livery, just like in the live-action Transformer films you know and love.
Inside the high-rise cab it's all pretty spacious. In America the 3 series from Texas-based Peterbilt is still very much the truck of choice for owner-operator hauliers and some of the interiors are seriously impressive. Rather than transforming into an Autobot, many are decked out to be comfortable living spaces, complete with integrated TVs, microwaves and fold down tables. All very civilised if you’re away for days at a time driving on the ice trucking routes of the Northwest Territories in that 18 Wheels of Steel Extreme Trucker style.
Our Optimus Prime truck driving sessions give you the chance to take a 600bhp, 18-gear (!) Peterbilt 379 for a spin around your choice of circuit from several around the UK. With a typical Transformers-style war cry of ‘Charge!’ it’s time for you to lead the next Autobot offensive at the wheel of this American beauty.
• Juggernaut Experience: Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Truck & Supercar Combo: Selected weekdays only
• All dates and session times are subject to availability
• Sessions operate between 08:30 and 15:30
• This is a popular experience which may need to be be booked well in advance
• Minimum age 17
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• Drivers must hold a full manual UK driving licence
• This is not suitable if you have suffered from back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome however viewing may be limited at some venues
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The truck you'll drive is an authentic Peterbilt 379 styled on 'Optimus Prime' from the movie Transformers. This particular vehicle was not used in the movie
• Optional Damage waiver insurance and extra laps are usually available to purchase when booking with the supplier
• Cornwall - Perranporth Airfield
• Dorset - Bovington, Wareham
• Suffolk - Honington
• Leicestershire - Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Lutterworth
• Lincolnshire - Blyton Park (weekdays only) £25 supplement payable for weekends
• North Yorkshire - Tockwith Motorsports Centre
• Oxfordshire - Abingdon Airfield
• Surrey - Dunsfold Park (Premium MSA Race Track £35 upgrade fee payable)
• Warwickshire - NAEC Stoneleigh, Kenilworth
• Wigan - Three Sisters Race Circuit