• 25 minute off road session in a specially modified 4x4
• Drive the purpose built off road course with impossible drops, axle twists, mega ascents and amazing obstacles
• Training from your professional instructor who will be at your side offering tips and advice
• You can bring up to two people to ride as a passenger free of charge, minimum age for a passenger is 6
• Allow approximately one hour on site for this experience
Off Road Night Driving
• Put a whole new twist on off road driving, heightening your senses and pushing your skills
• Drive the course in the dark with only the headlights and ambient light available
What Can I Expect
Get a little bit of lakeside loveliness in your life when you drive a 4x4 near Bedford - in the day or night-time! It’s destination Wyboston Lakes for these fab off roading sessions in Bedfordshire that give you the chance to power round the purpose-built track in a 4x4 vehicle during daylight hours, or under the cover of darkness for an extra thrill.
We think this venue is fab. Easy to get to off the A1 just north of Bedford, it's a proper play park for big boys and girls with great on-site facilities. Everything you need to have fun is here, with lakes offering madcap water-based activities alongside some rather nice on-shore shenanigans thanks to the off road track.
Tucked away behind trees, you’re right next to the water for these 4x4 sessions in Bedfordshire. If it’s rained recently, there’s a good chance you’ll be getting mud up to the door handles as you splash-splash your way around. And if you go for the night time experience, you’ll be tackling the course with just the car’s headlights and spotlights to guide you.
All experiences here in Bedford are specifically offered as solo drives, meaning that there’s no waiting your turn and no swapping drivers midway through. The slot you book is all yours though, so you can invite a couple of friends or family to join you for the duration if you like - but don’t be surprised if your passengers turn into back-seat drivers.
Indeed as you tackle increasingly difficult terrain, there’s bound to be some expressions of utter fear from the rear. ‘Surely this car can’t get up that hill?’, ‘Aren’t we going to tip over in a minute?’ and ‘Isn’t the suspension going to collapse with all the axle-twisting going on?’ are the sort of thing you might hear. But fear not 4x4 drivers in the wilds of Wyboston, these modified 4x4s are designed to conquer pretty much anything you can throw at them in the realm of off roading, even if your stomach isn’t so keen.
Of course, your expert instructors will be at your side throughout your session in the 4x4s at Bedford’s Wyboston Lakes. So they’ll be able to assist with your gear selection and clutch control, as well as motivating you to go for that steep drop and then round the corner to steer right over that see-saw. All in an off roading day’s (or night’s) work. Enjoy the drive.
4x4 Driving Experience
• Available on weekdays and weekends subject to availability, February to December
Off Road Night Driving
• Experiences operate after dusk between November and March, excluding Christmas and New Year
•Available weekdays and weekends subject to availability
• Minimum age 16
• No driving licence is required but must be able to drive
• Spectators are welcome
• The venue offers a large clubhouse serving drinks and snacks
• There is ample parking available onsite
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Experiences take place at Wyboston Lakes, near St Neots in Bedfordshire