• Drive a Land Rover Defender on a challenging 20 acre off road site
• Guidance and tuition from a BORDA accredited instructor
• Choose from a two or four hour experience
• Exclusive sessions offering sole use of the vehicle
• Drive time can be shared with up to one other participant
What Can I Expect
You’ll driving a 4x4 in County Durham around a purpose-built area for this off roading experience! A 4x4 vehicle like a Land Rover loves tricky terrain deep in the Teesdale countryside. That’s why this 4x4 session near Barnard Castle gives you the chance to drive the almighty Defender in one of its most natural habitats.
The off road course has been constructed at Deepdale (what a great name!) - a large working farm in Teesdale. Around these parts off-roaders are very much working vehicles and play a crucial role in the rural lifestyle. Just look at where you are - surrounded on all sides by splendid countryside, with the Yorkshire Dales, the Lake District and the North Pennines. Quite possibly the best playground for 4x4ing you could wish for.
Just three miles from Barnard Castle (both the castle and the town of the same name) this 4x4 off roading centre in County Durham is easily accessible from the A66, which runs between the M6 and the A1(M). Turn off the main road and you’re in the Teasdale countryside proper and you’ll need a decent 4x4 to get about. Which is exactly what you’ve got waiting for you!
The team here has been offering 4x4 sessions at Barnard Castle since 1999. Whether it’s to brush up on technique, you own a 4x4 and want to drive it properly, or just fancy having a go at tackling off-road terrain for fun, this lot has got it covered.
Experiences are offered on a one-to-one basis. And there’s no needless waffle or lengthy instructor demos going on here. After you’ve been shown the vehicle’s controls, it’s you behind the wheel from the word go. This lot believes the best way to teach off road skills is to get out there and get on with it, which is exactly what you’ll be doing.
It’s challenging terrain you’ll be tackling, but the feeling of satisfaction and elation you feel when you take a look back at where you’ve just driven is undeniable. Quite rightly, you’ll be congratulating yourself by the end of the session - and thanking your fantastic instructor and that sturdy, reliable Landy too, of course. You can even invite someone to share it with, either as a second driver, or to ride as a passenger - a great little extra when you go 4x4ing in County Durham.
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Weekends are available for an additional charge of £24 payable when booking your date
• A full, valid driving licence is required and must be produced on the day
• All participants must sign a disclaimer before taking part in the experience
• One other guest may accompany you on the day and ride as a passenger or share the drive time
• Up to 2 additional guests may accompany you for an additional charge, payable when booking your date
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Barnard Castle, County Durham