• Off road driving experience
• Sessions operate on a 1:1 basis
• You can share your experience with up to two friends - either as passengers or extra drivers for no additional charge
One Hour Experience
• Around 45 minutes drive time
Two Hour Experience
• Around 1.5 hours drive time
Four Hour Experience
• Around 3.5 hours drive time
Full Day Experience
• Around 5.5 hours drive time
What Can I Expect
4x4 How good is this 4x4 Sherwood Forest experience? Well, if Robin Hood was still around he so would have ditched the horse for a Land Rover and we at Into the Blue think he would have signed up for this superb 4x4 off-roading session just north of Nottingham in his native Sherwood Forest. If you're not in the area you can still find a 4x4 driving experience near to you, by checking out our main off road section.
Quite simply, the terrain for this 4x4 session in Sherwood Forest is impressive - surrounded by pine trees, the tracks weave in and out of the forest just as you'd expect they would for any intrepid off roader. But before you take to the wheel, all drivers are given a safety briefing (and a cup of tea or coffee, of course!). Your instructor is with you throughout your experience and the session starts with a demonstration of driving technique by the instructor.
Then it's your turn to step behind the wheel. Using a 4x4 such as the celebrated Land Rover Defender for it's true purpose (one that doesn't involve taking the kids to school or posing in Nottingham city centre), it's a definite test of your off roading skill and concentration - it really is totally different driving a normal car with things like high and low gears and differentials all going on and the sort of terrain and obstacles you can conquer is all completely mind blowing and an adrenaline rush, all at low speeds.
With the fully qualified (and very patient) instructor in the passenger seat at all times, you will be guided through country paths with water pools, steep inclines, bumps, rollers and ruts in your off roader. As you gain confidence, Nottingham's most famous forest awaits - complete with fallen tree trunks to drive over and even 'Dave's dodgy woodland trail' to negotiate - mind those tree stumps that could put you somewhat off course!
Finally, after your 4x4 experience out in the wilds of the forest of Sherwood, it's back to base with the manmade technical park. Here you'll negotiate some of the deepest water and steepest drops and climbs. One minute all you can see is sky, seconds later you feel like you're nose diving into a lake!
• The tuition is available all year round and the site operates Tuesday to Sunday
• Full driving licence is required which covers you for all our 4x4 driving experiences
• Please ensure you wear clothes and shoes suited to countryside conditions
• Spectators are welcome, but due to the size of the site, you will not be able to see all the action, but the welcome cabin is located right next to the technical park
• There are toilet and refreshment facilities on site
• Experiences include tea and coffee on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire