• Drive 931cc WA Rebel buggies on a purpose built gravel rally stage
• Compete to achieve the six fastest laps of the 650m track
• You will receive 1 x 5 minute and 2 x 10 minutes races
• Racing begins with a staggered start after which you can chase down and overtake other drivers
• Lap times for each buggy are computer controlled and you will receive a print out of your times
• Races will have up to 6 buggies on the track at one time
• Allow 1.5 to 2 hours on site for this experience
• Medals are presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places
• Race suits or waterproofs, depending on the weather are provided
What Can I Expect
Go drive an off road buggy in Birmingham and find yourself out on the track racing with multiple buggies! This Birmingham Wheels track is the only one in the country where you can race in the impressive 931cc WA Rebel buggy on a purpose-built gravel rally stage. Experience all the thrills of off road racing in a right little Rebel!
Indeed these Walker Adams built Rebels certainly pack a punch. They’re side-by-side racers with Cobra bucket seats, full racing harness and, apart from the 931cc engine right behind your head, nothing else! This is pared-down buggying at its best. There's a little bit of netting instead of doors and forget any hint of windscreen or roof, it’s just a metal roll-cage all round.
What’s more, you won’t be out there on your own. As we mentioned, this is the only place in the whole of the UK where you can properly race against each other, with up to six Rebel buggies out on the track at once. You get a staggered start and the time of the game is to close down and overtake other drivers.
Each driver will be participating in three races and remember, it’s not who crosses the finish line first that counts - it’s all down to your individual lap times. These are measured by computer-controlled timing equipment, so you’ll be able to track your position throughout the event. Each buggy driver gets a print out of their times for the whole session and the driver with the six fastest laps over the course of their off road buggy session will be crowned Birmingham’s best, with prizes for second and third on the podium too.
If you’re coming along to watch, you’re in for a real treat. Birmingham Wheels, just two miles from the city centre, is set on a mound so spectators get great views of the cityscape and the track - especially during floodlit nighttime Rebel buggy races. Whether you’re driving or watching, you’ll love these action-packed Rebel buggy events.
We have to say, it’s actually pretty rare that you are actively encouraged to race and overtake, so these off road buggy experiences in Birmingham definitely get the thumbs up.
• Every Saturday between March and October, with selected Saturdays November to February
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Session operate in most weather conditions
• Minimum age 16
• Maximum height 6ft 8ins
• Maximum weight 23 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Tea, coffee and soft drinks can be purchased on site
• Participants should wear suitable outdoor clothing that they do not mind getting dirty
• Birmingham Wheels Park, Birmingham, 2 miles from the centre of Birmingham