Shared 4x4 Experiences
• Maximum instruction ratio is 3:1 with the driving time shared
• Taster sessions last around 1 hour with 20 minutes at the wheel
• Half days last around 3 hours with 1 hour at the wheel
• When not driving you'll ride as a passenger in the vehicle
• Vehicles used include the Land Rover 110 and the Land Rover Discovery however exact vehicles cannot be guaranteed
Exclusive 4x4 Experiences
• Private session experiencing an introduction to off road driving
• Choose from a 30 minute, one or two hour session
• Bring along up to two spectators that can travel in the vehicle with you
What Can I Expect
Have yourself a thrilling experience off roading around the UK! We've got a whole host of locations all over the country just ready and waiting for you to step aboard an off road vehicle and take it for a spin. And no, it doesn't matter if you've never driven an off road vehicle before, as sessions are geared (excuse the pun!) to your driving ability.
In fact, these off road half days offered at various UK locations are ideal for anyone wanting to gain experience and knowledge of the basic factors of driving 4x4 vehicles in demanding and exciting off-road environments. During your tuition you will learn all about the main principles of off-road driving and experience situations such as slopes, ditches, ruts, mounds and lots of mud!
You will also be taught techniques that will enable you to tackle steep hill climbs, recover from failed hill climbs and make safe descents.
The tuition offered at all UK venues included in this off roading offer ensures you get lots of training time to master the art of 4x4 driving. You will be tackling some outstanding off-road terrain – ranging from a disused sandstone quarry to acres of varied woodland terrain. If you prefer a more personal driving adventure then we have many one to one off road courses on our main off roading section.
The experience starts with a safety briefing and then it’s your turn to take to the wheel as you start off on a ‘training ground’ – designed to give you an insight into some of the basic off-road conditions; crossing ditches, traversing side slopes, accelerating through mud and water and tackling 40 degree downhill slopes!
Then it’s onto the ‘white knuckle’ stuff – water and mud up to the bonnet (don’t worry, you’re not expected to wash the vehicles at the end of your experience!) as you drive through twisting, narrow terrain. By the end of your experience, no matter which UK off roading centre you chose you will be amazed that you have just driven through terrain that previously you would have thought impassable!
• Weekends throughout the year
• Occasional weekday dates are available at selected venues for 2 hour exclusive sessions
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
• A Full UK driving licence is required, please wear outdoor clothing and sensible footwear
• Due to the off-road nature of the activity, spectators are not allowed on the shared sessions
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Aldermaston, Berkshire
• Shipston on Stour, Cotswolds
• Honiton, Devon
• Durham, Northeast *
• Ferrybridge, West Yorkshire
• South Bristol
• Swansea Valley, South Wales
• Wrexham, North Wales
• Romsey, Hants
• Grantham, Lincolnshire
* Currently unavailable, dates from April onwards are expected to be released