• Exclusive helicopter sightseeing flight for two people
• Flights are taken in a Bell 206 JetRanger helicopter
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your helicopter pilot
• 25 mile: approx. 20 minute flight. Highlights include Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Nottingham Forest & County Football Grounds, Nottingham Castle and Wollaton Hall
• 35 mile: approx. 30 minute flight, in addition to the above you will also see Newstead Abbey
What Can I Expect
Feel like Very Important Persons on this private Nottingham sightseeing tour for two! This heli charter from Nottingham (Tollerton) Airport is just for the two of you and it’s a great way to see all the best places in Nottingham from the air; from sporting venues to big country houses and historic landmarks of this bustling city.
Nottingham Airport is on the south side of Nottingham, just beyond the outer ring road in the village of Tollerton. This aerodrome is reserved for the use of light aircraft only, making it all the more special for your private sightseeing tour. With three H spot landings, you simply walk out of the welcome building and into your waiting chopper. Now that’s the way to fly!
As soon as you’re airborne, you’ll make a beeline for Nottingham city centre. On this exclusive charter you’ll be seeing the very best bits of Notts, starting with the city’s sporting heritage. As you swoop down past Edwalton and West Bridgford, you’ll see the famous Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, where many a stump has fallen over the years. Right next door and alongside the River Trent is Nottingham Forest’s home ground. Cross the river and you soon reach Notts County’s ground in the Cattle Market area.
Now you’re on the edge of the city centre. You’ll easily be able to make out the posh office blocks and the train station and you may even be able to spot some of your favourite watering holes or boutiques - Nottingham is well-known for shopping and going out, after all!
Of course, no heli charter over Nottingham would be complete without circling over Nottingham Castle. Sitting perched on the hill at the top of Maid Marian Way overlooking the exclusive Park Estate and the city, this is where legends were made. Look carefully and might even glimpse the Robin Hood statue.
Heading further west, your chopper will take you to see Wollaton Hall with its park where the deer roam free. A lovely spot where no doubt you’ll have had a picnic at some point in your life, it’s one of the best-loved landmarks of Nottingham. If you’re on the 25-mile tour, this is where you’ll turn back to Tollerton. Those on the 35-mile extended private Nottingham sightseeing tour for two will continue past Papplewick and it’s Pumping Station, to see delightful Newstead Abbey from your privileged viewpoint in your JetRanger heli.
• Selected weekends from April to September
• Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• No age restrictions
• Under 16's must accompanied in the helicopter by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome to view take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Nottingham City Airport, Tollerton, Nottinghamshire