• Helicopter sightseeing flight in a Bell 206 JetRanger helicopter
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your helicopter pilot
• There will be a maximum of four passengers in the Bell 206 JetRanger
• 8 mile: approx. 5 minute flight. Enjoy the local scenery, including views of the National Watersports Centre
• 15 mile: approx. 10 minute flight. View Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Nottingham Forest & County Football Grounds & Nottingham Castle
• 25 mile: approx. 20 minute flight. View landmarks including the above and Wollaton Hall
• 35 mile: approx. 30 minute flight, in addition to the above you will also see Newstead Abbey
What Can I Expect
Book your seat on these sightseeing flights from Nottingham Airport and get ready to see the best bits of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire from the air. These helicopter pleasure flights depart from Nottingham Airport at Tollerton, just south of the city centre. Let’s get ready to fly!
We have a full schedule of flights for your sightseeing pleasure in Nottingham. In just a few minutes you can go a long way in a helicopter, so even on the shortest heli hop there’s plenty to look at. And of course, if you're new to helicopter travel, don’t underestimate the thrill of experiencing rotary flight for the first time. It’s noisier in there than perhaps you imagined, but that feeling when you just float away from the ground is utterly amazing.
Once you’re up in the skies above Nottingham’s Airport, you’ll see the city centre on the horizon, the local villages of Keyworth and Tollerton, surrounded by the snaking A roads you’ll probably know only too well. How refreshing is it to not be stuck in a queue on the A52 and to be whirring through the air on your sightseeing flight instead?
As well as all the usual city infrastructure, you’ll get a lovely view of the National Watersports Centre at Holme Pierrepont on all pleasure flights out of Nottingham Airport. It’s just a quick leap over the ring road to this impressive collection of lakes fed by the River Trent.
Of course, flight paths vary according to your chosen pleasure flight duration and any other air traffic restrictions, but it’s most definitely going to be a mix of sports, culture and landmarks over Nottingham. Football and cricket is represented in the Trent Bridge area, whilst Nottingham’s famous castle sits pretty on a hill to the east of the city centre and is easy to spot from your chopper.
Longer flights will take you over another much-loved Nottingham spot; Wollaton Hall with its deer park and lovely grounds, right by the main Nottingham Uni campus. And if you opt for the 35 mile sightseeing flight out of Nottingham Airport, you’ll head further north to the delightful Newstead Abbey - the dissolved monastery that was home to Byron’s ancestors. It’s going to be pure pleasure on these heli flights!
• Weekdays and weekends from April to September
• Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• No age restrictions
• Under 16's must accompanied in the helicopter by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome to view take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Nottingham City Airport, Tollerton, Nottinghamshire