• Round trip travel aboard the Northern Belle luxury train
• Welcome drink
• Seven-course fine-dining lunch
• Half a bottle of wine per person
• Murder mystery to solve while dining
• Excursions last approximately 4-5 hours looping back to the departure point
What Can I Expect
Go super sleuthing on the Northern Belle murder mystery train! Enjoy a gastronomic meal onboard the ‘belle époque’ Northern Belle train and solve the heinous murder whilst you dine.
With various departure points scheduled around the north and midlands, these Northern Belle excursions will take you on a relaxing journey into the past. They are run as circular trips, gliding through the best of the British countryside, giving you a four to five hour voyage aboard this exceptional train - with a murder mystery to be solved too.
Keep your eyes peeled for any clues whilst you walk the red carpet and up the steps into your carriage. As you carriage manager and their team welcome you onboard and show you to your seat, just make sure there isn’t anything untoward going on. Then once settled at your table with a drink in hand, don’t be surprised if someone runs through the carriage ‘in a bit of a state’!
From your armchair seat you’ll watch the mystery of the murder unfold, as various characters come by and tell you their version of events. Your job will be to sort out the lies from the truths and work out whodunnit. Luckily, you'll each have a character list, so you can keep track of who you’ve seen and spoken to. And you'll be meeting some right characters!
All this goes on whilst you’ll be dining on a seven course taster menu. This is fine dining just as you’d expect on a train excursion of this calibre. The passenger reviews speak for themselves, with many agreeing the meal onboard is ‘outstanding’. The crew is also fantastic, with a manager and service staff in each carriage to look after your every need.
Having sought out the evidence, gathered the clues and discussed motives, it’ll be time for you to see if you've got the murderer cornered. With superb food, served at your table on a gorgeous train from a bygone age, whilst travelling through the countryside, we think Agatha Christie would very much approve of these Northern Belle murder mystery experiences. Book your day out of murderous entertainment and see if you can solve the crime!
• Due to popularity please book well in advance to avoid disappointment
• Departures times vary and a confirmed schedule will be supplied upon booking
• All dates are subject to availability at your chosen location
Current 2020 Dates
• Friday 27th March: Departing from Coventry & Birmingham
• Friday 25th September: Departing from Shrewsbury, Chester & Crewe
• Saturday 26th September: Departing from Liverpool & Wigan
• Sunday 27th September: Departing from Manchester, Bolton & Preston
• Smart casual wear is appropriate (but not jeans or trainers)
• Because of the vintage nature of the train wheel chair access is not possible onboard, help is available for passengers with disabilities, with facilities to stow folding wheelchairs
• For the comfort of all, this is a non-smoking train throughout and passengers are asked to turn off their mobile telephones whilst on board
• If you have any special dietary requirements, please advise us when booking and we will do our best to comply. We are, however, unable to provide meals requiring strict religious observance in their preparation
• Spectators are not permitted however they are welcome to accompany passengers to the train station and see them off
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please note the train is not steam hauled
• There are seven passenger carriages, each with the same interior layout of tables for two and four
• Seating will be side by side on a table of four
• It may be possible to upgrade to a table of two at the time of activation for an additional charge of £30 per person
• Dates and locations may change, please contact us for the latest availability