• Travel to and from the races aboard the Northern Belle
• Red carpet welcome and drinks reception
• Jockey host and 3 course Bellini brunch on your outward journey
• Morning tea and coffee
• Transfers to the racecourse
• Admission to the race day
• Champagne reception on return journey
• Seven course fine dining dinner
• Half a bottle of wine per person
• Strolling musicians to entertain you on the return journey
What Can I Expect
Arrive in style for a day at the races! The chinking of Champagne glasses, the cheering of the crowd as the horses gallop to the finish. Nothing beats a day out at the horse races. The most prestigious dates in the racing calendar are definitely the days to see and be seen at, as everyone parades around in their finery. These Northern Belle excursions to the races make the whole experience extra special.
From start to finish, your day out at the races with Northern Belle is swathed in luxury, with personal service, fine wines and dining the order of the day for all passengers. It’s a time to dress up and really get into the spirit of a classic excursion by rail to some of the world’s most prestigious horse racing meets.
We’ve got a full programme featuring the most famous race days, from the Grand National at Aintree, to Ladies Day at Royal Ascot. Be it fences or flat racing, by Royal charter or steeped in centuries of racing history, it’s going to be a splendid day out at the races.
Your day starts as it means to go on, with a Bellini cocktail at the departure reception. Once onboard the Northern Belle and comfortably settled in your armchair seat, there’ll be time to study the form as your delicious brunch is served at you table. Onboard entertainment to get you in the mood for the races includes jockey hosts and tipsters - so if you fancy a flutter on the gee-gees, they’re the people to ask!
After your train glides into the arrival station, transport will be ready and waiting to take you to the racecourse. All packages include entrance badges as specified and return transfers from the station to racecourse. You’re sure to have a fabulous day of horse racing ahead of you.
And the fun doesn’t stop on your return journey aboard Northern Belle. You’ll be served a sumptuous seven-course gastronomic menu, prepared by the skilled team of onboard chefs. Strolling musicians provide the entertainment right through your journey, until the after dinner petits fours and coffee are served. As days out at the races go, we think you’ll agree, these are most definitely first past the winning post when it comes to luxury!
Saturday 6th April 2019
• Aintree Grand National
• Includes Festival Zone admission at Aintree
Thursday 20th June 2019
• Ladies Day at Royal Ascot
• Includes Queen Anne Enclosure entry
• Because of the vintage nature of the train wheel chair access is not possible onboard, help is available for passengers with disabilities, with facilities to stow folding wheelchairs
• For the comfort of all, this is a non-smoking train throughout and passengers are asked to turn off their mobile telephones whilst on board
• If you have any special dietary requirements, please advise us when booking and we will do our best to comply. We are, however, unable to provide meals requiring strict religious observance in their preparation.
• Spectators are not permitted however they are welcome to accompany passengers to the train station and see them off
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please note the train is not steam hauled
• There are seven passenger carriages, each with the same interior layout of tables for two and four.
• Bookings will be placed on a table for four sharing. It is possible to upgrade at the time of voucher activation to a private table of two, subject to availability. This is a charge of £30 per person.
• We recommend you activate your voucher early to ensure you secure a seat when the train comes to your area.
Aintree Grand National
• Departures from London Euston, Watford Junction station & Birmingham International
Ladies Day at Royal Ascot
• Departures from Manchester Victoria station, Crewe station & Birmingham International