• Pre flight safety briefing
• A 25-30 minute helicopter flight on board a Jetranger helicopter
• Sights include; Bridges over the Tyne, Angel of the North, Penshaw Monument and St James' Park football stadium
• You will be part of a group of four participants
• Please allow one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
It’s Newcastle sightseeing in style when you hop aboard a helicopter to tour all those well-known spots around Tyne and Wear! This half hour heli trip is the perfect way to get a bird’s eye view of all those much-loved Geordie landmarks, from bridges and follies, to stadia and beaches, Newcastle has it all.
Taking off from a private helipad near Marley Hill (a few miles south west of Newcastle), as soon as you’re airborne you’ll be treated to a whole load of prominent sights. As you head towards what look like toy cars and lorries on the A1, there’s the unmissable Angel of the North sculpture - quite an opener for your Newcastle sightseeing voyage.
After your fabulous Angel of the North introduction, you’ll head over Birtley and Ouston, before turning towards Washington and the huge Nissan car plant. See if you can spot Penshaw Monument, the Roman-style temple folly that sits on the hill. Then it’s time for seaside Newcastle, as you leave the Wear behind and head north to swoop over the lovely Marsden Bay and up towards South Shields.
Now you’re at the estuary, your skilled helicopter pilot will follow the River Tyne into Newcastle. This is where you’ll delight at seeing those famous bridges that span this watercourse, from the symbolic Tyne Bridge and the High Level metro bridge, to Gateshead’s ‘winking eye’ Millenium Bridge, each one a testament to Newcastle’s industrial heritage.
If you know Newcastle, you’ll be able to spot all those city centre buildings you’ve often driven or walked past at ground level, from the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and the Metro Arena, to the Grey’s Monument and Newcastle Castle Keep. Then sports fan will be over the moon as the helicopter hovers over St James’ Park - come on the Magpies!
With that parting shot, you’ll be heading back down south to the helipad. This Newcastle aerial tour starts with that famous Angel of the North, goes via the coast, takes in all the bridges and culminates in a wonderful chance to look down on the home of Newcastle United. Now that’s what we call a Newcastle sightseeing tour!
• Selected weekends between April and October
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 6
• Under 12s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight is 15 stone (95kgs)
• Spectators are welcome and may take photographs
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flights depart from a private helipad near Marley Hill, South West of Newcastle