• An introduction and safety briefing before getting into your racing equipment
• Take part in 4 pursuit races against other drivers around the 500m purpose built track
• There is an additional final round for the fastest drivers on the day
• You may form part of a group of up to 8 other participants
• The experience lasts around 1 ½ hrs or part of a group of 16 lasting 2 ½ hrs
• Minimum group size is 2
• The overall winner is presented with a laurel wreath, champagne and a photo on the winner's podium
What Can I Expect
Get down and dirty on this Dirt Buggy Challenge in Sussex! It's all about a Grand Prix-style pursuit challenge in the dirt buggies on an 800 metre course set in 90 acres of woodland within easy reach of Brighton and Tunbridge Wells.
After being shown around the buggies - which are basically like beefed up go karts with a full head-height roll cage and fat, off road-going tyres - you'll head out to the specially built track. The first thing you'll notice is that this 800m long circuit isn't smooth tarmac, it's all rutted, bumpy, full of dust and, when it rains, muddy. You sit only inches from the ground but luckily, full overalls and full face helmets with visors are provided!
The race format is a pursuit challenge, so you will be set off on the track at staggered start points, racing the dirt buggies to catch up with the rider in front of you. Not as easy as it sounds though, as you slide round the corners, with the wheels spinning looking for grip in the dirt, your visor gets splattered in dust or mud and even the steering wheel can become a slippery challenge.
On this dirt buggy session in Sussex each of you will drive in four races with the best buggy drivers making the cut for the final race to find out who will be crowned overall dirt buggy racing champion. A podium presentation, bubbly and a laurel crown for the winner finishes off your day.
• This experience is available all year round, seven days a week
• The first activity usually taking place from 10am
• There is a minimum age of 16 years old
• Under 18s need to be signed in by an adult
• Suitable outdoor clothing and flat soled footwear is recommended
• Lunch is available with a fee of £7.50 for adults and £5 for children payable on the day
• Spectators are welcome to attend
• A clubhouse on site provides complimentary tea, coffee and views of the track area. There are toilet facilities and free parking on site
• Overalls can be purchased on the day for £2 each
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The condition of the track may vary, it's likely to be muddy during rainy periods and dusty during dry spells. The course is not artificially watered so mud cannot be guaranteed.
• The venue is located at a 90 acre woodland site in East Sussex, within easy reach of Brighton, Eastbourne, Hastings and Tunbridge Wells