• Two and a half hour luxury motor cruiser experience
• Cruise at between 20-30 knots aboard the Targa 43 luxury cruiser
• Head round to the Cruise Liner Docks, including the historic Titanic Dock
• Take a close look at the liners in port whilst soaking up the atmosphere of the Fairline Targa 43
• Under careful supervision of the qualified instructor, you can take the helm and steer the boat
• Drive time of approximately 5-10 minutes per passenger
• You will form part of a group of up to 12 participants
• Opt for the charter and you will have exclusive use of the cruiser for up to 12 people
What Can I Expect
Ride the waves, take in the views and lounge on the deck on this motor cruiser excursion out of Southampton! This luxury boat is ready to set sail from Ocean Village Marina in the heart of Southampton's marine life. This is your chance to be onboard.
This Targa 43 motor cruiser has that classic and very classy cruiser look and feel to it. There’s more than a touch of Riviera glamour to this motor boat, with those elegant lines and sporty performance. This 45ft cruiser is equally at home gliding along smooth in-land waters, as it is going for a bit of a blast along the Southamptonshire coast.
For your excursion you’ll experience a bit of both. Setting off from Ocean Village, you’ll cruise gently along the River Itchen, to have a look around where the big ferries and cruise ships dock. And believe us, when you see these mega cruise liners at close quarters, they really do look like floating towns!
Heading out onto Southampton Water, this is the Western Shelf, where your skipper will open up the throttle, cutting effortlessly through the waters at between 20 and 30 knots. Fast enough to feel the wind in your hair, but still at a pace where you'll feel at ease.
As you skirt along the coastline, with full water-side views, it’s time for the skipper of your Targa cruiser to give up the helm to let you have a go. Each passenger will be able to pilot the boat for around 5 to 10-minutes, during which time you’ll be feeling (and looking) pretty cool at the helm of such a lovely cruiser.
Of course, your excursion also gives you plenty of time to do what this motor cruiser was made for - lounging! You can relax on deck, or head below to the sumptuous lounge bar, complete with comfy leather sofas, a full American-style onboard kitchen and even a bar too.
You can book individual places online on these fabulous little cruiser excursions. For the ultimate trip, book an exclusive charter out of Southampton for up to 12 of you to enjoy the motor cruiser together - it even works out cheaper than buying 12 individual vouchers!
• Shared experiences operate on selected weekend dates between May and September
• Exclusive charters are available weekdays and weekends
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age is 8 years
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• This experience can be bumpy so is not suitable for pregnant women or those suffering from a bad back or neck
• Warm, outdoor clothing is recommended as well as flat soled shoes
• A waterproof jacket is a good idea, even in hot weather
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is a café at the marina as well as a local supermarket
• There is a toilet onboard the boat
• There is parking available at the marina for a small charge
• There is a 10% discount on food purchased at the Pitcher & Piano and Banana Wharf restaurants in the marina on the date of the experience
• Booking confirmation must be shown on arrival for the discount to be applied
• Ocean Village Marina, Southampton