A 1:1 Monster Truck Driving Experience
• Welcome, introduction and 15 minute briefing
• 15 minutes driving a 6.0 litre V8 full size American monster truck
• Experience driving over and crushing scrap cars
• Please allow one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Expect monster truck mayhem on these mad-cap driving experiences! It's a case of Mayhem by name, Mayhem by nature when you take to the cab of this full-sized monster truck that's come all the way from the US of A to give you one very crazy drive.
Mayhem, as she is proudly called, is a seriously cool vehicle. Imported directly from America to the UK in early 2014, she has been given a full overhaul ready for her new life pounding the paths and trails of Shropshire.
As you are going to be the one actually driving this oversized behemoth of a truck, you might like to know what's going on underneath your feet and bonnet. Mayhem is based on a genuine Chevrolet Silverado, with two crew up front in the cab, whilst the rear of this pick up has been adapted to carry passengers.
She boasts a gloriously gargantuan 6.0 litre V8 engine and weighs around 7.5 tonnes. The Rackwell five tonne top loader wheels are fitted with 66" tyres. Then there are the 900psi nitrogen-filled shocks giving a mind-boggling 24" of travel, so it's no wonder this amazing machine just eats everything in her path.
So what is it like in to sit in the hot seat of the monster truck they call Mayhem? Well, for a start you are very high up. The stats are clear. She's 14 feet wide, 13 feet high and 19ft long. Now you'd think you'd have the most incredible viewpoint from the driving seat, but you are just so high off the ground that you can't actually see much of what's going on below you.
And the highlight of the adult-version of this monster truck drive? The moment you make a mash up of some poor innocent cars that are lying in your way. Any other pick up would struggle here, but monster truck Mayhem makes mincemeat of such obstacles, so get ready to power up and make those huge wheels going rolling right over those vehicles. We think these drives are a great thrill for anyone wants to have a high-rise driving experience!
• Weekday vouchers are valid for use on selected Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays or to include weekend dates opt for the anytime voucher
• Experiences operate between March and September
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 16
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 6ins
• Not suitable during pregnancy or for those with heart/back conditions
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• In the event of a mechanical fault or severe weather conditions dates may be rescheduled
• Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior to their session
• Childs Ercall, near Telford