• Welcome and registration
• Tea or coffee for driver
• Classroom style briefing on safety
• 6 laps (6 miles) driving the Mitsubishi Evo
• Commemorative certificate on completion
• Children, friends and family are welcome to spectate at no extra charge
What Can I Expect
The performance, looks and distinctive sound of the Evo VII are a clear indication of Mitsubishi's World Rally Driving Championship heritage. This is the seventh incarnation of the legendary flagship Evo series boasting four wheel drive, 320 bhp, and 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds putting it firmly in supercar territory - and you get to drive one at our centre near Bicester in Oxon.
The great thing about this car is its ability to deliver unbelievable performance even in the hands of a relatively inexperienced driver. The clever limited slip differential and four wheel drive system allow you to exploit the massive grip and truly spectacular acceleration leaving you feeling like a driving God! Having driven this car back to back against the Subaru Impreza, Porsche 911 and Ferrari 360 we can honestly say the Evo provided the quickest laps and the biggest smiles of the day.
Following a demo lap driven by the instructor, you will drive four thrilling laps of this challenging 1 mile course in the Mitsubishi Evo. The circuit is designed to allow you to experience the acceleration, cornering poise and outright speed of this rallying legend. The bonus of this airfield site is that only the cones get damaged if you overcook it or miss an apex rather than the unforgiving barriers at a race circuit. There are no artificial rev or speed limits. The experienced, friendly instructors will determine your individual driving ability and then help you drive up to your limit providing you with constant feedback and advice.
Your experience ends with the collection of a personalised certificate and driving assessment.
IntotheBlue has a wide range of
rally driving events at venues all around the UK. Please see our
'Driving Experiences' main page for a comprehensive list of all driving activities.
• Sessions are available on selected Fridays and Weekends from March to November
• Special Offer vouchers are valid for selected Fridays only
• Minimum age 17 years with full driving licence which may need to be shown on the day
• Minimum height 5ft, maximum is 6'6"
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are more than welcome to come and watch free of charge
• There are toilets on site
• There are multiple vehicles driving at the circuit so there's lots to see (if you like watching cars go fast!) and plenty of opportunity for drivers to pose with vehicles for photographs
• There are limited covered viewing areas
• You are advised to bring your own refreshments and snacks
• Professional photographs can usually be purchased on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional Collision Waiver Indemnity is available to purchase at the venue for an additional £25 for the first car and £5 for every car thereafter
• Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire
• Access via junction 9 or 10 of the M40