• Welcome and registration
• Tea or coffee for driver
• Classroom style briefing on safety
• Six miles driving the Mitsubishi Evo
• Commemorative certificate on completion
• Children, friends and family are welcome to spectate at no extra charge
What Can I Expect
How about driving a Mitsubishi Evo at your choice of circuit around the UK? These Evo drives give you the chance to try this Japanese icon on a smooth tarmac track. Everyone should drive a Lancer Evo at least once in their life - so grab the opportunity now at a venue near you!
The performance, looks and distinctive sound of the Evo are a clear indication of Mitsubishi's World Rally Driving Championship heritage. There are several incarnations of the legendary flagship Evo series and all boast four wheel drive, 300+ bhp, and 0-60 mph in around 4.4 seconds, putting them firmly in supercar territory, but without the price tag.
The great thing about this car is its ability to deliver unbelievable performance even in the hands of a relatively inexperienced driver. The clever limited slip differential and four wheel drive system allows you to exploit the massive grip and truly spectacular acceleration leaving you feeling like a driving God!
Having driven this car back to back against the Subaru Impreza, Porsche 911 and Ferrari 360 we can honestly say the Evo provided the quickest laps and the biggest smiles of the day.
You will drive six thrilling miles in the Mitsubishi Evo. The circuits are designed to allow you to experience the acceleration, cornering poise and outright speed of this rallying legend, but with the ease of the smooth tarmac surface.
What makes these Mitsubishi Evo experiences stand out is that there are no artificial rev or speed limits.That means the experienced, friendly instructors will determine your individual driving ability and then help you drive up to your limit providing you with constant feedback and advice. Your Evo driving experience ends with the collection of a personalised certificate and driving assessment.
• Sessions are available on selected Fridays and Saturdays from March to November
• Choose from a Friday only voucher or to include Saturdays opt for the anytime voucher
• Minimum age 17 years with full driving licence which may need to be shown on the day
• Minimum height 5ft, maximum is 6'6"
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are more than welcome to come and watch free of charge
• There are toilets on site
• There are multiple vehicles driving at the circuit so there's lots to see (if you like watching cars go fast!) and plenty of opportunity for drivers to pose with vehicles for photographs
• There are limited covered viewing areas
• You are advised to bring your own refreshments and snacks
• Professional photographs can usually be purchased on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit cards will need to be provided with a £5000 limit or about for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Leicestershire: Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Lutterworth
• Oxfordshire: Bicester Circuit, Upper Heyford
• Wigan: Three Sisters Circuit, Ashton-in-Makerfield
Upgrade Options (payable when booking your date)
• Wiltshire: Castle Combe Circuit, Chippenham - £25 (full licence required)
• Surrey: Dunsfold Circuit - £35