• Drive a four wheel drive Mini Countryman Cooper S
• Welcome and safety briefing
• In car introduction to the rally cars controls and features
• Tips and tuition from an onboard instructor
• Choose from a 9 mile experience (3 laps of the rally stage) or 18 miles (6 laps)
• Opt for the hot lap and you will also receive an instructor driven high speed passenger ride in the Cooper S
• Allow around one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Get ready to drive a small, but perfectly formed Mini Cooper rally car! OK, the minis aren’t actually as little as they used to be in Charlie Croker's time, but these modern Cooper S versions certainly pack a serious punch. There’s even a wee bit of rally spirit to these Mini cars, so looks like you’ll be having serious fun out there.
The Mini Cooper S Prodrive is an all wheel drive version of the Mini that was developed in partnership with Prodrive. And if that name sounds familiar, that’s because its the motorsport company that was behind the Subaru and Mini John Cooper Works WRC cars. So there’s a certain rally driving heritage to these Minis that you’re going to love.
Known as the ALL4, these four wheel drive miniature-ish motors are great to drive. Nippy, responsive and pretty fast out of the stocks too. And with all that traction under your tyres, you’ll find you can really push yourself and the car to the limits on this all-gravel stage. Purpose-built in the midst of Essex farmland near Saffron Walden, it’s pretty much miles from anywhere, so your tyre screeching won’t disturb anyone but the crops growing at the side of the course.
And what a course it is. Three miles long and designed by pro rally drivers, so it’s pretty cool to drive. Your aim is to guide the Mini Cooper around the rally circuit, deftly negotiating the cones to go in-between them and not over them, all whilst getting as much dust flying as you can. We love the big loop at the far end of the track that gives you enough space to do a nice drift if you’re that way inclined!
For these Mini Cooper rally sessions you’ll benefit from a pre-drive classroom briefing, as well as in-car tuition. This will be from an experienced rally driver who’ll show you how to drive the Mini like you’re in a WRC stage. We highly recommend going for the hotlap add-on as well - it’ll show you just how hard these Mini rally cars can be pushed!
• Selected Saturdays throughout the year
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age is 17
• Participants must hold a full driving licence
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Minimum height is 5ft, maximum height is 6ft 4ins
• Safety helmets are provided
• Spectators are welcome and there are viewing areas of the track
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Snacks and refreshments can be purchased from the on site cafe
• Additional pay on the day activities are available
• The rally driving stage is located near Saffron Walden in Essex