• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• A 30 minute microlight flight
• An opportunity to take the controls
• All flight times are chock to chock
• Take to the sky climbing between 2000-5000'
• See the stunning views over Lock Leven, the Lomond Hills, Walace Monument and Falkland Palace
What Can I Expect
From the East Coast to the West Coast, microlighting out of Kinross gives you the full view of Scotland's coastline from the air! A new dimension opens up when you soar over this lovely corner of Perth and Kinross in an agile little microlight.
Prepare yourself for perfect panoramas with these microlight flights. Taking off from Balado Park (perhaps you knew it as the home of 'T in the Park' for many years?), within literally seconds you have amazing things to to look. There's the former satellite ground station right at the heart of the airfield, the original war time hangers and control tower, whilst on the horizon you'll see the likes of Loch Leven and the Lomond Hills.
It's little wonder then that the team here at Kinross recommends you bring a camera along with you for your flight. You get an excellent viewpoint from the cockpit of a microlight, so it's possible to take some great snaps as you fly - brilliant if you live in the Perth and Kinross, as it's rare to see it all from above!
It's a small and friendly crew here at Balado Park. The academy's offices are in the restored control tower and there's a warm and welcoming pilot's lounge where the kettle is always on for a brew. Friends and family will love it too, as they can climb the exterior steps to the viewing platform at the top of the tower to look out across the whole airfield -ideal for watching your take off and landing.
Before you head out to the apron, you'll be kitted out with a headset, a flying suit and given gloves if it's going to be a bit chilly up there, even if the microlights based at Kinross do have closed cockpits, as the weather several thousand feet heigh can be very different to on the ground at the same moment.
During the pre-flight briefing you'll chat about safety and what you're hoping to get out of your flight; that's to say whether you want it to take the form of an actual lesson, or you want to fly over a specific area so you can see it from the air.
We think Scotland's Balado Park is a lovely place to fly out of in a microlight. We are offering 30 minute flights. Book microlighting in Kinross and make a budding Scottish aviator very happy!
• Available on selected dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Please note all flights are weather dependant
• Minimum age 14
• Maximum weight 90kg
• Maximum height 6ft 2"
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• You must bring a form of photographic ID on the day
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Balado Park Airfield, Kinross
• The airfield is within easy reach of Dunfirmline, Stirling, Perth and Kirkcaldy