• Take a trial lesson in a fixed wing microlight
• Flights are taken in a WT9 Dynamic two seater fully enclosed microlight
• Ground briefing and explanation of the aircraft
• Learn how to control and fly the aircraft safely
• Opportunity to take the controls and fly the microlight for part of the flight
• Choose from a 30 or 60 minute lesson
• Lessons can be logged against your training hours
What Can I Expect
Enjoy microlighting in Camberley flying out of Blackbushe Airport! This is your chance to experience flying in a modern lights sports aircraft with an expert pilot at the helm. You’ll even get the chance to have a go at the controls yourself during your flight.
This microlight training school in Camberley at Blackbushe General Aviation Airport is headed up by Eric, who is a highly experienced pilot. He literally has thousands of flying hours under his belt, having flown light aircraft, hang gliders and microlights in the UK and South Africa.
Eric loves nothing more than taking guests up for their first taste of microlighting from Camberley. You’ll be flying in the school’s Aerospool WT9 Dynamic, which is a high-performance, low-wing microlight with a fully-enclosed cockpit. This low-wing aircraft offers excellent visibility thanks to the bubble canopy and inside it’s a side-by-side configuration. This is great, as it means that you can observe what the pilot is doing at all times.
As the WT9 is dual-controlled, you too will be sitting in front of your own control column. That means that once you’re airborne and flying straight and level, it could very well be your turn at the controls. And we have to say, there’s nothing quite like the moment you first flew a microlight. This is actually you at the helm, as you cruise over the Surrey countryside. Pretty amazing stuff eh?
Of course, there’s a lot to learn if you want to actually become a microlight pilot, but these experiences in Camberley do count towards your training log book. And even if you have no ambitions on that front, actually flying this sporty little aircraft on your very first sortie is totally thrilling.
We are offering 30 and 60-minute flights out of the lovely Blackbushe Airport. Well-situated near the M3 and easily accessible from the likes of Farnborough, Bracknell, Basingstoke and beyond, microlighting with this Camberley-based operator is a great choice to get you airborne in a superb little plane.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 15 stone (95kg) fully clothed
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Food and refreshments can be purchased from the on site Bushe Cafe with great views of the airfield
• Blackbushe Airport, Camberley, Surrey
• Conveniently located on the borders of Hampshire, Berkshire and Surrey