• A Fixed Wing microlight experience
• Pre-flight briefing with introduction to the basic principles
• Choose from a 30, 45 or 60 minute flight duration
• Flight duration are from engine start to engine stop
What Can I Expect
Round off your week with a microlight flight from Surrey’s Redhill Aerodrome! Operating trial microlight flights on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, this is a great place to get your first taste of ultralight aviation.
You will be flying in a fixed-wing microlight. This training school uses the renowned Ikarus C42 aircraft, which has a fully enclosed cockpit. The advantages of flying in this sort of microlight are clear. You’re not open to the elements, the plane is more powerful than flex-wing versions and you get to sit side-by-side with your instructor pilot so you can see what’s going on.
Which is perhaps just as well, because these microlight experiences out of Redhill are treated as trial lessons. That’s to say, once your pilot has taken off and flying straight and level, you’ll be given the chance to actually take the controls to fly the Ikarus yourself. And believe us, it’s a great feeling as you soar in the Surrey skies knowing it’s you who’s flying!
What’s more, the skies around Redhill are a superb window onto the world below. You’ll easily be able to see the undulating Surrey Hills and the Kentish Weald. You might even be able to pick out some of the landmarks from the air, such as Chartwell and Penshurst Place, as well as the Bewl and Bough Beech reservoirs. All look spectacular from the air. And if the weather is on your side, you might even catch glimpses of the London skyline.
We are offering 30, 45 and 60-minute microlight flights in Surrey. Redhill’s aerodrome is well-placed near to the M25 and M23 and, despite being close to Gatwick Airport, there’s still lots of airspace for you to fly in and see some favourite Surrey and Kent sights too. Whether it’s to see Surrey from the air, try flying for the first time, or the start of a new hobby (with just 25hrs of training you could be flying solo with your licence), these trial microlighting experiences out of Redhill are great fun, with engaging and professional pilots.
• Flights are available on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Vouchers must be booked and redeemed before 30th September 2020
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 15 stone (95kg)
• Maximum height 6ft 4ins
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bring along a camera for some great photo opportunities
• Redhill Aerodrome, Redhill, Surrey