• Four course banquet with unlimited wine and ale served throughout the meal
• Full medieval show with over two hours of live entertainment
• Acts include; bold and skilful fighting knights, an aerial acrobat and contortionist, jugglers and hand balancers
• Allow around four and half hours for the whole theatrical dining experience
• Medieval costumes are available for purchase or hire, should you wish to dress up
What Can I Expect
There'll be singing and dancing and eating galore at this resplendent Medieval Banquet in London! St Katharine Docks plays host to a trip back in time to the Middle Ages, when mead and suckling pig were the Michelin-star courses of their day and the nobility feasted for weeks on end. In this sumptuous world of chivalrous knights and teasing troubadours, you’ll enjoy a full banquet meal to tantalise your taste buds and excite your senses.
This stunning recreation of a medieval banquet doesn’t just include the food. As part of the spectacle, London’s finest (and bravest!) will also take to the floor to enact classic Middle Age entertainment, such as jugglers, tumblers, contortionists and even the occasional sword fight or two! The venue at St Katharine Docks in east London is also decked out in true medieval manner to make your banquet feel totally authentic.
As part of your evening’s banqueting festivities, you’ll enjoy a delicious four-course medieval meal of soups, meats, cheeses and pies prepared fresh by the Head Chef, but if you’re not much of a carnivore, vegetarian options are also on offer. Ale, wine and soft drinks are provided throughout the meal, with additional alcoholic drinks available from the tavern bar for a shilling or two. Everything is served by costumed singing and dancing wenches, who may well persuade you onto the dance floor after the plates have been cleared!
All the music is authentic 11th-16th century, performed as faithfully as possible with traditional medieval instruments by the London venue’s specialist musicians. This banquet creates a fantastic atmosphere and it’s all too easy to imagine a young Henry VIII celebrating after a hard week of battles, divorces and beheadings with such a riotous feast. To help you feel completely the part, there is also a full range of costumes for hire to suit most shapes, sizes and ages.
These medieval banquets at London’s resplendent St Katharine Docks make for a theatrical dinner that'll have you completely enthralled and entertained from start to finish. Ideal for couples, families and groups of friends or colleagues, it's a unique evening of fun in the capital that any maiden, damsel, knight or knave is bound to enjoy!
This is just one of the many gifts available from IntotheBlue. Please see our Gift Ideas page for information on a wide selection of great ideas for all the family.
• Wednesdays to Sundays throughout the year
• Not available between the 24th November to 20th December or 31st December
• Doors open 19:15
• Entertainment and meal commences 19:45
• Entertainment finishes 22:00
• Disco until midnight
• Doors open 17:15
• Entertainment and meal commences 18:00
• Entertainment finishes 20:15
• Disco until 21:30
• There are no special requirements this activity
• Children under four are free and high chairs can be arranged if booked in advance
• Family tickets are valid for 2 adults and 2 children aged between 4-17
• There is no dress code, but most guests are smart casual or dressed in costume
• The activity is not suitable for anyone without a ticket to dine
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue has large tables so you may be seated with other guests, depending on group size
• There are toilet facilities on site
• If you want to dress up for the evening there are Medieval costumes available to hire at the entrance to the venue
• Ivory House, St Katharine Docks, E1W 1BP, East London near Tower Bridge
• The venue is easily accessed by public transport (Tower Hill tube) and there are public car parks nearby