• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Six Miles driving the McLaren MP4-12C
• Presentation of personalised driving certificate
• Allow spending up to one and a half hours on site
What Can I Expect
Drive a top notch McLaren around a race track! Although this amazing machine is a fully road-legal sports car, we think the McLaren MP4-12C thrives when being driven around the tight hairpins and along the fast straights of a race circuit - and this is just what you will be doing.
This stunning British roadster is lovingly hand built at the McLaren Production Centre in Woking. The racing car maker is a Grand Prix legend whose team of engineers and designers are behind many of the most success Formula 1 winners. Drawing on 50 years of racing victories, they have also created the most iconic and exhilarating road cars in the world.
The McLaren borrows lots of gadgetry and wizardry from Formula 1 design – it has a twin turbo 3.8 litre V8 engine that gives a mighty 592bhp and 0-60mph in 3.1 seconds. The dual clutch gearbox is controlled by a gear change paddle perfectly positioned on the racing wheel so you can whizz up through the gears to get the full force of that breathtaking acceleration.
Combine all that with a lightweight carbon fibre composite chassis and you've got yourself one serious sporting legend that you will have the chance to experience first hand when you drive this car. Before you head out for your driving laps in the McLaren, you'll have an in-car driving briefing in a hot hatch with an expert instructor of high-speed driving and then it’s over to you...
As a driver, this is about as close as you can get to the proper F1 racing experience while still driving a road car. It may not be the most luxurious sports car in the world - but it’s one of the ultimate road cars for speed, performance and race-inspired design. And of course, you don’t have to be Jenson Button to appreciate the McLaren’s functional and clean design and the sense of perfect control.
• Weekdays and weekend dates between March and November
• Please arrive at the venue one hour before your start time
• Minimum age 17
• You must hold a full driving licence and be legally able to drive in the UK
• Drivers must be between 5ft - 6'5" tall and weigh less than 19 stone
• Time sessions will be allocated on a first come first served basis
• Family and friends are welcome
• No dogs are allowed on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There are pay on the day activities (subject to availability)
• There are on site catering facilities
• Optional Collision Waiver Indemnity is available to purchase at the venue, currently £25 for one car and £5 thereafter
• Trainers or soft soled shoes should be worn
• A digital recording of your driving experience and photos can be purchased on site from £30
• Kent -
Lydden Hill (1 mile circuit)
• Leicestershire -
Mallory Park (1.2 mile circuit)
• Leicestershire -
Prestwold Driving Centre (1.7 mile circuit)
• Yorkshire -
Elvington (1.6 mile circuit)
Please note all circuit lengths are approximate