• Drive a McLaren MP4-12C GT3
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 4 sighting laps driving the McLaren to learn the racing lines and braking points
• Drive the McLaren GT3 for a further 10 laps under 1:1 instruction
• Each lap is approximately 1km
• Performance driving debrief with your instructor
• Experiences last approximately one and a half hours
What Can I Expect
When this McLaren GT3 experience landed on the IntotheBlue desk we couldn’t quite believe our eyes. We couldn’t help but ask: “Is this a REAL McLaren GT3? Yep. It sure is. And costing up to £320,000, we are more than a little bit excited to be offering you the chance to drive a McLaren GT3.
Of course, we all know McLaren for its success in Formula One, but back in the days of yore, the elite motorsport marque was rather good at GT racing too. This GT3 heralds the very welcome return to the sport for McLaren - and we love it.
As well as costing a fortune, these McLarens are very rare too. You probably won’t see many away from the professional race circuit where FIA GT3 series are raced, except perhaps Dubai, playground for the very rich and famous. So yes, this is your unique opportunity to drive this amazing McLaren GT3 car.
The clever bods at McLaren took the very nice MP4-12C and pimped it to the max to create this successful racing GT3 version. Weight has been drastically reduced, an F1-style ECU has been integrated and a rather nice aero-styling package added too, which certainly makes this car stand out.
Streamlined and ready to race, inside the cockpit is utterly mesmerising. The kidney-shaped steering wheel and dashboard are littered with lights and driver displays. You might think this is a pared-down race car, but actually you’ve got traction control and ABS on board. You’ve also got an upgraded six-speed sequential gear box with paddle-shift. See, we told you it was a proper GT racer!
And indeed a proper racing car like the McLaren GT3 needs to be driven properly. You’ve got a twin-turbo V8, 3.8l engine to play with. We could tell you all about the increased downforce, the new suspension and brakes, the spoiler and the air intakes, but let’s face it, you just want to get out there and drive it. Time for you to book your slot for your McLaren GT3 experience, exclusively available at the Bovingdon Airfield track in Hertfordshire.
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 2ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• Spectators are welcome to come along
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage Waiver can be paid to zero the excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hemstead, Hertfordshire