• Helicopter sightseeing flight
• Flights are taken in either a Robingson R44 helicopter that can accommodate 3 passengers
• Exclusive flights for two are 15-18 minutes as per the City Tour itiniary
Exclusive Heli Buzz for Three
• 5 minute flight taking in the skyline of Manchester for up to 3 passengers
• 10 minute flight exploring the Manchester skyline and surrounding area
Best of Bolton
• 15 minute flight
• Fly over Chat Moss then South over the Reebok stadium before heading South over Atherton and Leigh before returning back to Barton
Manchester City Tour
• 15-18 Minute Flight
• Fly over the Trafford Centre, with sights of Old Trafford Cricket ground, Old Trafford football Stadium and HM prison Manchester. Head over to the Etihad Stadium before heading back to Barton
• 30 minute flight
• With views of the city skyline you will fly from Barton towards Rochdale, then follow the canal to Todmorden on the Southern edge of the Pennines. On to Bacup before heading back over the wind farm and Bury towards Manchester before landing back at the airport
What Can I Expect
Fancy a Manchester helicopter tour? Whether you know it as Cottonopolis or Warehouse City, Manchester from the air is a sight to behold. Even taking off is a huge thrill, as you'll be getting airborne in your heli from City Airport (Manchester Barton), a busy and bustling General Aviation airport.
Now you're gaining altitude (you'll be cruising in the air at between 1000 and 1500ft) the distinctive landmarks of of the City of Manchester will soon start to appear. Those on the 'Barton Buzz' will see the Manchester skyline whilst exploring the local area around Barton and those on the 'Heli Whoop' get to discover a little further afield.
Our fave helicopter tour is the Manchester City tour. You’ll see all the best of Manchester from the air. You won't be able to miss the Beetham Tower on Deansgate at a whopping 47 storeys high. You'll also easily spot One Angel Square, one of the newest landmarks, praised for its sustainability. Be dazzled by the sleek and futuristic lines of the Manchester Civil Justice Centre - the centre of law and order in Manchester. Seeing MCJC from the air in your helicopter, you'll be able to appreciate the form of this award-winning building. And you can't ignore the very traditional Manchester Town Hall with its impressive clock tower.
Sports fan will love the 'Manchester City' itinerary, as the helicopter will head right over Manchester's Old Trafford cricket ground, home to the Lancashire Cricket Club. Look at the finely manicured crease and check out the stands, but before you can say 'How is he?' you'll be on your way again, whisked off in your chopper over to Old Trafford and the Etihad stadia.
The 'Best of Bolton' is a winner for Wanderers fans, as you hover right over the Macron (formerly Reebok) Stadium and take in all the sights of the town centre too. This tour also sees the heli flying over the famous Chat Moss peat bog, now designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest following the discovery of Romano-British Celt perfectly preserved peat bodies!
For the most comprehensive Manchester helicopter tour, we can recommend the Lancashire Explorer. For 30 minutes you will be packing in the big-hitter sights of the Manchester skyline and the countryside, from Rochdale to the Pennines and the wind farms of Bacup. You’ll have a headset on throughout, so you can listen to the chopper pilot’s commentary as you fly.
• Selected weekends between April and October
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Minimum age 6
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Shared flights are sold on the basis that all seats are occupied. The helicopter operator will do its best to fill all the seats including offering the option to add another fare paying companion(s). Flights may be rescheduled in the event that all the seats cannot be filled. Any such situation will be communicated to you by the helicopter operator in advance of the flight date
• City Airport, Barton, Manchester