• A fun and informative evening of fine wine, cheese and chocolate for two people
• All butter rose and raspberry lemon curd tartlet to accompany the Champagne
• Sample 7 different exclusively selected wines, including one award winning champagne, two premium white wines, two premium red wines, one sweet Recioto wine and one rare Colheita 2000 vintage port.
• Learn how to understand different styles of wine and how to read wine labels correctly
• Sample the luxury wines paired with fine artisan cheese, chocolate and award winning truffles
• Your host is the renowned wine connoisseur Kam Zadeh
• Official certificate of attendance from Wine Cottage
• Experiences last for two hours
What Can I Expect
Spend a couple of hours with the Wine Cottage team on a luxury wine tasting experience! This is boutique wine tasting at its very best in the very heart of the capital. And by combining quality wines with fine cheeses and delicious chocolates, we think they’ve got all tastes covered.
These wine tastings take place at 8 Northumberland, the exclusive events and party venue in Westminster, just around the corner from Trafalgar Square. Scheduled for late afternoons, it’s the perfect hour for a sociable aperitif before heading on to dinner, or to more fun in the city. One thing’s for sure, they’re sure to put you in the right mood for carrying on your Saturday night.
You’ll also learn lots on these food and wine tasting experiences. It’s all done in a relaxed and informative way, with chat around how to match wine and food, the different styles of wine and an excellent insight into reading wine labels. You might not think that little label on a bottle would tell you very much, but it does.
You’ll discover the first rule is not to fall for the cutesy label - that’s marketing. The wine cottage hosts will tell you about looking out for words like ‘mise en bouteille’ in French and ‘imbottigliatio all’origine’ in Italian and what they mean, the vintage of the wine and whether a single grape variety or a blend makes for a better vino. All of this is fascinating stuff for wine lovers and useful info too.
And let’s not forget the food pairing side of these luxury wine tasting sessions. Savoury and sweet are both covered, with an exquisite selection of cheeses and chocolate being curated for you. We can’t think of anything better than sipping on a vintage Bordeaux and having a sliver of creamy cheese to go with it. And then moving on to a yummy truffle with a delicate Sicilian white. Sublime.
The wine cottage crew will be presenting seven different luxury wines and a champagne and port for you, each one accompanied with cheese or chocolate. These great value vouchers are for two people to enjoy the wine and food pairing workshop together.
• Selected Saturdays throughout the year
• Tasting sessions start at 5.30pm finishing around 7.30pm
• All dates are subject to availability
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for those with a dairy allergy
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• 8 Northumberland, London WC2N
• Conveniently located near Trafalgar Square with excellent public transport links