• Entrance to the View from the Shard
• See 360 degree views of London from 800ft in the air
• A three course lunch on the River Thames on board Bateaux's Glass Room
• Enjoy the spectacular views of London such as The Houses of Parliament, St Paul's Cathedral, The Tower of London and The London Eye
• Cruises feature professional recorded commentary with musical enhancement
• Choose the Premium option and you will also receive half a bottle of house wine and mineral water per person
• Allow up to 3 hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
These very special lunch cruise and View from the Shard packages will get you going up high and going with the flow on the Thames! We can't think of a better way to see London than with an informal three course meal on the river and a trip to visit inside the capital's tallest building.
The timings for your day are very flexible. All you have to do is plan your outing around the luncheon cruise and you can enjoy your panoramic high-rise vistas either before or after your trip down the Thames.
We think the best plan is a leisurely voyage into the capital in the morning, to do the boat followed by the Shard. Wander along from Embankment tube to the jetty where the impressive 'bateau mouche' style boat will be waiting for you. These modern cruisers have large panoramic windows, so no matter where you are seated, you'll be able to see all the main landmarks and sights as you glide gracefully past.
You'll see how the Thames 'works', with the large number of leisure craft, water taxis and even the occasional tall ship all sharing the waters, all watched over by the Marine Police Force. Then there are the bridges. Famous landmarks in their own right (remember the Olympic rings on Tower Bridge?), it's really quite special to slide right underneath these iconic structures that link the north and south shores of the Thames. And of course, you get a prime view of all the famous buildings along the shoreline and beyond too, including Canary Wharf, St Paul's, the Globe Theatre, Tate Modern and so much more.
Don't worry if you don't know one bridge from another, or couldn't pinpoint the Oxo tower on a map. After you've enjoyed your meal, the return leg of your cruise is commentated, so you won't miss anything.
But your lunch cruise experience doesn't end there - there's the view from the Shard bit too, as you head back over the river to London Bridge. It's truly superb to get yet another different perspective on the capital, as fancy high-speed lifts take you up to 244m above ground level for a vertiginous view of London. On a clear day you can see way beyond the capital and into the Home Counties, but the best is looking down on life as it happens right below you - it's seriously mesmerising!
• Please note this experience is not available on selected days including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and Valentine's Day
• Shard visits last approx. one hour and can generally be booked every 30 minutes from 10:00-20:30
• Lunch Cruises are available Tuesdays-Saturdays throughout the year, subject to availability
• Boarding 12:00, departure 12:30, return 14:00
• Minimum age 18
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Dietary requirements can be specified upon booking
• Weather Guarantee, if a guest cannot see at least three of the following five landmarks during their time of visit, we will give them a return ticket for £5, allowing them to return at a time of their choice within three months:
• London Eye
• 20 Fenchurch Street
• Tower Bridge
• One Canada Square
• St Paul's Cathedral
• Staff at the ticket desk will let visitors know on the day if the Weather Guarantee has been authorised and will arrange the return ticket. The £5 payment will be taken by cash or card at our ticket desk and guests must claim their return ticket on the day of your visit before they leave the attraction.
• The Shard, SE1
• Lunch cruises depart from Embankment Pier