• Your choice of one of the following walking tours with a professional guide
Dickens London Tour - 1 hour 45 mins
• Visit sights mentioned in Dickens famous stories such as Pickwick Papers, Our Mutual Friend and Oliver Twist
• Listen to quotes and stories from a world expert on Charles Dickens life and works
Jack the Ripper Tour - 2 hours
• Walk through the dark Victorian Alleyways and tour the murder sites
• Learn about the myths, theories, fact and fiction that surround Jack the Ripper
Shakespeare London Tour - 2 hours
• Explore Shakepearean London enjoying speeches from the Bard's works along the way
• Viewing film locations and original sites of buildings
Underground and Tube Tour - 2 hours
• Travel through 150 years of London's underground history, learning about ghost stations and discovering interesting facts along the way
• A Zone 1 travelcard or an oyster card topped up with at least £7 of pay as you go credit is not included and will be required
Agatha Christie London Tour - 2.5 hours
• Discover on foot the people and places that inspired the Queen of Crime's stories
Notting Hill - 1 hour 40 mins
• Visit more than six film locations from the Notting Hill film
• See the locations of the real Travel Bookshop and enjoy the atmosphere of one of the most famous street markets in the world, Portobello Road Market
Winston Churchill London Tour - 2 hours
• Pose for a photo by Winston Churchill's statue and see where his funeral was held
• Learn about Winston Churchill's career within the Admirality
What Can I Expect
See the capital from a different perspective on these London walking tours! Get your walking boots on, you’re going to be discovering a very different London from the usual tourist trails, as you walk the walk to discover the hidden gems of good old London town.
All tours are on foot, but worry not, the pace is more gentle stroll than stressed out London commuter during rush hour. Taking anything from between 1.5 to three hours, you will be guided by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable host who will show you around, surprise you with secrets and anecdotes, then regale you with urban myths and legends as you walk.
We’ve got a huge variety of walking tours with starting points all around London, covering various periods in history and themes. For many, it’ll be a whole new side to London life as you get right off the beaten track and head down those little alleys and hidden back roads to see what mysteries this captivating capital will reveal.
Have a browse through the programme of tours and see how you want to see London as a pedestrian. Some take you back in time, some are based around landmark buildings, whilst others are just plain eccentric. After all, who’d have thought one of the most popular excursions is an afternoon above and below ground riding the London Underground to discover the secrets deep under the London streets, including ghost stations?
History more than plays its part during these walking tours, with everything from Shakespeare’s Elizabethan London, to the squalor and poverty of Victorian London at the time of Dickens. Certain areas of the capital are the focus of other tours, such as walking around the actual City of London, that is just a square mile of the capital encompassing St Paul’s and the traditional financial district.
But what could possibly be more London than a pub tour? Visit some classic London boozers and as you trawl the taverns on foot, find out the very significant place these watering holes have had in history as meeting places, watering holes and even gambling dens. Unsurprisingly, this is the longest of our London walking tours, coming in at three hours. Whichever tour you go on, enjoy your walk!
• Dickens Tour - Sundays at 11pm between March and November
• Jack the Ripper Tour - Daily at 7pm (excluding Christmas and New Year)
• Shakespeare London Tour - Selected Saturdays at 10.30am
• Underground and Tube Tour - Selected Fridays at 13.30
• Agatha Christie Tour - Selected Sundays at 10:30am between June to October
• Notting Hill - Selected Saturdays at 10:30am
• Winston Churchill Tour - Sundays at 14:00 from April to December
• Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
• Tours with minimum age restrictions: Jack the Ripper Tour is 16, London Pub tour is 18
• Tours are not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased
Meeting Points for Tours
• Dickens London Walking Tour - Borough underground station SE1
• Jack the Ripper Tour - Aldgate East station E1
• Shakespeare London Tour - opposite the Old Vic Theatre SE1
• Underground and Tube Tour - platform 1 of Paddington Station W2
• Agatha Christie Tour - Euston Square
• Notting Hill - 7 Portobello Road, W11
• Winston Churchill Tour - Westminster Tube Station