• A 30 minute sightseeing tour of London
• Flights are taken in 5 seater AS355 twin-engine Squirrel helicopter
• You will form part of a group of up to 5 passengers on your flight
• Choose the exclusive option and up to 5 friends and family can enjoy the flight together
The Route and Points of Interest
• Take off to the West, passing the Bank of England Printworks on to the southern most reservoir of the Lea Valley
• Fly past the London 2012 Olympic Park and O2 Arena with great views of the Isle of Dogs
• Pass Canary Wharf with Greenwich and the Cutty Sark on your left
• Heading West St Katharine Docks and the Tower of London with London Bridge and HMS Belfast can be clearly seen
• See the Gherkin and NatWest Tower alongside the Shard and St Paul's Cathedral
• See the Globe Theatre, Tate Modern and OXO Tower on the South Bank
• Turn past the London Eye, opposite Westminster
• You will see Horse Guards Parade and The Mall leading up to Buckingham Palace
What Can I Expect
All aboard the executive chopper for thrilling London pleasure flights! Taking off from Stapleford Aerodrome, you will enjoy a full half hour of flying time over the Thames, where you’ll be able to look down on all the capital’s classic tourist attractions and gaze across the rooftops of the London skyline.
You’ll take to the skies in an AS355 twin-engine Squirrel helicopter. This Essex airbase is within the M25, so your flight path will usually take you alongside the M11. Passing the likes of the Bank of England print works (where they really do have a licence to print money!) and soaring over the Lea Valley, you’ll reach east London within just five minutes. Now that’s what we call a commute!
You’ll then fly right over vibrant London in your heli, starting with the likes of the Olympic Park, the O2 Arena and the Isle of Dogs. As you pass round the towers of Canary Wharf, see if you can spot Greenwich and the Cutty Sark on the other bank of the river.
Now you’re above the tourist heart of the capital. The landmarks come thick and fast, with the likes of the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and HMS Belfast, then the Gherkin, St Paul’s Cathedral and the Shard, as you continue to follow the Thames.
Glance over to the South Bank and see if you can spot the Globe Theatre, the Tate Modern and the OXO Tower. As you close in on the famous London Eye and the imposing Houses of Parliament at Westminster, it’s time to make a left turn and head back to base, getting a great view of the Mall leading to Buckingham Palace as you go.
What’s really good about these London pleasure flights is the fact that you’ll be flying at just 1000ft, which is way lower than your typical commercial airline flight. That means you can see everything below, in detail. Right down to the red London double decker buses crossing Westminster Bridge and people walking along the South Bank promenade.
We reckon you should have the pleasure of seeing the capital from the air at least once in your life, so go for it! Book your seat in the helicopter or upgrade to an exclusive London pleasure flight charter, where your group of five gets the helicopter all to yourselves!
• Selected Saturdays and Sundays between 10:00 and 16:30 throughout the year
• Participants must arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled flight time for safety briefing and check-in
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 2, children must have their own seat
• Under 14s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 6
• Any passengers with a medical condition such as heart condition, fitting/seizures are advised to contact their doctor before flying
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants must provide a form of photographic ID (i.e. driving licence or passport)
• It is advisable to wear comfortable clothing and shoes
• Flights depart from Stapleford Aerodrome, Stapleford Tawney, Essex