• A sightseeing helicopter tour of London
• Tours last approximately 25 minutes
• Flights are taken in 5 seater AS355 twin-engine Squirrel helicopter
• Fly along the River Thames visiting many famous landmarks
• Plenty of opportunity for photographs
• You will form part of a group of up to 5 passengers on your flight
• Choose the exclusive option and up to 5 friends and family can enjoy the flight together
The Route and Points of Interest
• Tottenham Football Stadium, Banbury Reservoir, Olympic Park Stadium, Isle of Dogs, Twer Bridge, Shard, S Pauls Cathedral, Tower of London, London Eye, Houses of Parliament
• See Buckingham Palace, Vauxhall Bridge, then over the city to Arsenal Stadium, Alexandra Palace before returning back to Elstree Aerodrome
What Can I Expect
See the sights of the capital like never before on a London helicopter tour and marvel at the amazing aerial perspective when flying just 1000ft off the ground! Just imagine following the winding waters of the Thames in your chopper to look down on some of London’s most famous landmarks. A truly magical rotary experience.
Based out of Elstree Airport just within London’s M25 boundary, this is the place for helicopter charters by top flight business folk and VIPs. Within seconds of taking off on your tour, you’ll be rewarded with incredible views of the interlaced network of motorways and roads, rail lines and stations. This is suburban London life at its best as everyone gets on with the hustle and bustle of the daily routine.
There’s nothing mundane about your 'commute' though. This operator uses the AS355 twin-engined Squirrel for these London helicopter tours. One of the main advantages of helicopters over planes (as well as that superb hover and vertical take off ability) is that all passengers are afforded great views with large windows all round.
All the better then, for peering down and witnessing London as it happens. On the London Sightseeing helicopter tour, the routing in is via the likes of Tottenham’s stadium, Banbury Reservoir, the Olympic Park and the Isle of Dogs.
As you fly over central London, you will be treated to the full tour of the capital. Following the flow of the Thames, you'll check out what the likes of the Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast, St Paul’s Cathedral, the Shard and the Houses of Parliament, with a glimpse of Buckingham Palace beyond. Passing over Arsenal’s stadium you make you way back to Elstree, you fly over Alexandra Palace as you go.
Keep a keen eye as there is so much to see. With such amazing views on a London helicopter tour, bringing a camera onboard with you is an essential, as zooming over Greater London and towards the City offers up fab photo opportunities. And don’t worry if you don’t know your cathedrals from your iconic skyscrapers, your experienced helicopter pilot will point out all the sights during your flight.
• Tours are available on selected weekdays and weekends from March to October
• All flights are subject to availability, air traffic restrictions and weather conditions
• If booking on a shared experience dates are subject to minimum passenger numbers for the flight to proceed. Flights may be rescheduled in the event of minimum numbers not being met
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 7ft
• Minimum age 6
• Under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Not suitable during pregnancy or if you suffer from epilepsy
• All disabilities and/or significant medical conditions must be disclosed when booking to ensure suitability
• Spectators are welcome to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flight duration includes start-up, shutdown, take-off and landing
• Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire