• A London Sightseeing tour
• Tours last between 25-35 minutes
• Fly along the River Thames visiting many famous landmarks including The Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, St Paul's Cathedral, The London Eye, Tower Bridge and the O2 arena
• Flights are taken in a Bell 206 Helicopter
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• You will form part of a group of 5-6 participants
• Plenty of opportunity for photographs
• Please allow up to two hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
See the sights of the capital like never before on a London helicopter tour and marvel at the amazing aerial perspective when flying just 1000ft off the ground! Just imagine following the winding waters of the Thames in your chopper to look down on some of London’s most famous landmarks. A truly magical rotary experience.
Based out of Elstree Airport just within London’s M25 boundary, this is the place for helicopter charters by top flight business folk and VIPs. Within seconds of taking off on your tour, you’ll be rewarded with incredible views of the interlaced network of motorways and roads, rail lines and stations. This is suburban London life at it’s best as everyone gets on with the hustle and bustle of the daily routine.
There’s nothing mundane about your 'commute' though. You will be sitting pretty in a very executive chopper. This operator uses the Bell 206 Long Ranger turbine heli for these London helicopter tours. One of the main advantages of helicopters over planes (as well as that superb hover and vertical take off ability) is that all passengers are afforded great views with large windows all round.
All the better then, for peering down and witnessing London as it happens. On the London Sightseeing helicopter tour, you’ll take a south-easterly flight path down towards East London, in the direction of Canary Wharf and the O2 Arena. You might see various sporting stadia, lakes, shopping centres and vestiges of the 2012 London Olympic Games too.
Flying over London in your helicopter on this 20-35 minute tour, you will be treated to the full tour of the capital. Following the flow of the Thames, you'll check out what the likes of the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, Tate Modern, the Shard, St Paul’s Cathedral and, of course, those imposing bridges that span the river, all look like from the air.
Keep a keen eye as there is so much to see. With such amazing views on a London helicopter tour, bringing a camera onboard with you is an essential, as zooming over Greater London and towards the City offers up fab photo opportunities. And don’t worry if you don’t know your cathedrals from your iconic skyscrapers, your experienced helicopter pilot will point out all the sights during your flight.
• Tours generally take place Thursday to Sunday, from March to September
• Flights may be rescheduled at short notice due to poor weather conditions, operational issues or air traffic restrictions
• Due to the popularity of these experiences please book well in advance (6-8 weeks) to avoid disappointment
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Maximum weight 14.5 stone - this is strictly enforced and customers over this weight cannot fly
• Maximum height 7ft
• Minimum age 6
• Under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Not suitable during pregnancy or if you suffer from epilepsy
• All disabilities and/or significant medical conditions must be disclosed when booking to ensure suitability
• Spectators are welcome to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flight duration includes start-up, shutdown, take-off and landing
• Souvenir photographs and co-pilot seats can be arranged on the day, subject to availability
• Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire