• Two driving experiences creating the ultimate teen package!
Introduction to Driving
• Learn the basics of driving in a dual controlled saloon training car
• Group welcome and safety briefing
• 3 driving sessions
• Road safety and commentary drive
• Group karting session
• De brief with driver assessment, awards and certificates
• Allow approximately 3 hours on site for this experience
Introduction to Rally Driving
• Group welcome and rally safety briefing
• Introductory and familiarisation driving session
• 2 driving sessions on the Hillside Rally Stage
• High speed rally passenger hot lap
• Debrief with driver assessment, awards and certificates
• Allow approximately 2 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Get geared up for the ultimate Knockhill teenage driving experience! This is our most comprehensive teen driving package, giving kids the chance to drive and rally at Scotland’s National Motorsport Centre. Two separate experiences rolled into one great value voucher - now that’s what we like!
These teenage driving experiences take place at Knockhill, the professional racing circuit just outside Dunfermline. As well as the National and International race tracks, there is also a rally stage, go-karting and off roading areas as well. In essence, this is the epicentre of Scottish motorsport and the best possible place for your teens to get into motoring. We think they’ll love it here.
To prepare them for their junior rally experience on Scotland’s finest hillside stage, all the kids will start their journey with a teen drive experience. This will teach them all the basics of driving in a dual-controlled, manual car. The experience includes two behind the wheel and one in the classroom, with the aim of building the child’s confidence and understanding of what modern day motoring is all about.
Lasting about three hours, this is a great experience in itself and provides the perfect foundation to get your teenagers ready for the rally course. And we should add in here that the teen drive ends with a whizz round on the go-karts for all the kids involved, which is a great way to close the day!
Your child’s next visit to Knockhill will be for the rally experience. Scotland has a long heritage with rallying and today’s teen rally drivers are the Scottish champions of tomorrow, so let’s see what they can do on this hillside rally stage. Having already completed the teen drive element means they’ve got a good grounding in the controls of the car, so it’s time to concentrate on the terrain.
Rallying is as thrilling and exhilarating for juniors as it is for adults, so expect your little ones to have the most enormous grins on their faces when they complete their kids-only rally experience. They’ll learn how to control the fully-prepped Ford Fiesta rally cars over two driving sessions, with expert coaching. Their first taste of junior rallying in Scotland is rounded off with a high speed rally passenger lap, so the rookies can see how it’s done at full pace!
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Teens must complete the driving experience before attending the rally driving
• Experiences are generally taken on separate days
• Participants must be aged between 13 and 17
• All drivers must be able to reach and press the foot pedals to the floor in a normal road car
• All teens must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Dogs are not allowed on site
• Spectators are welcome for no extra charge
• The circuit is well-equipped for guests to come and watch the driving experience
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Hot and cold food, snacks and drinks can be purchased from the on site Champions Clubhouse or Kinnairds Restaurant
• Participants should arrive at least 20 minutes prior to their session start time
• Knockhill Race Circuit, Scotland