• A Skids for Kids Experience in Birmingham
• Use the specially adapted and dual control cars
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Learn how to do donuts and sweeping corners
• Be taught how to make a car start a controlled slide
• A 'Game of Drift' where you will knock targets down with the rear of the car whilst drifting around the corner
• A presentation ceremony where each pupil is presented with a certificate
• Sessions run with a ratio of 5 drivers to each car/instructor, with the kids taking turns to drive
• Allow spending one and a half hours at the venue
What Can I Expect
Track-based drifting fun for teens with this brilliant Skids for Kids experience! It's destination Birmingham for a day out with a team of very skilled drifters who love nothing better than to show young ones skills that most adults will never get the chance to try.
And make no mistake, this may well be the junior version of the drifting experience, but your little ones will be using the same vehicles that are used on the adult drifting experience, except that the fleet of cars is adapted for these kids' days to be dual control, ensuring a safe environment.
So what will those tearaway teens be learning on the day? Of course, as in theory they won't have any driving skills or experience, the first thing to do is get them honing their basic control skills in the paddock. From this base, they will be shown the tricks of the drifting trade to be able to start off a slide. And believe us, the feeling of getting the rear end of the car swinging out is not one you'll forget in a hurry, no matter what age you are!
After the youngsters get their first taste of going sideways, it's time to hit the practice corner to perfect those long, well-controlled drifts at low speed. The kiddies might not be going at break-neck speeds, but it is by no means less thrilling, as the art of drifting is about smooth manoeuvres and looking well, quite frankly, pretty cool.
Having got those drift techniques down, each child will then be able to take part in a Game of Drift. This is a superb little challenge for the teenagers as the gauntlet is laid down to see who can make the targets topple using the rear end of the car as your bat! It's all about controlling those nerves as the kids climb into the hot seat one by one to give it a go
And to round off this fantastic Skids for Kids session, there's a little presentation ceremony to celebrate just how much all the boys and girls have learnt. The only criteria for this junior day of drifting coolness is that children are at least 12 years old and 4ft 6" or taller. If you know a young person who loves cars, we think they will relish the chance to bust some motoring moves on the track.
• Selected Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year with additional dates during school holidays
• All dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 12
• You must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the venue
• Minimum height 4'6"
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Birmingham Wheels Park, Birmingham