• 1:1 tuition
• A safety briefing and a demonstration drive from a qualified off road instructor
• Take the controls of the 4x4
• Drive around a purposely built up site, over slopes and tough terrain
• For the one hour experience you will have a personal drive time of 45 minutes
• For the two hour experience you will have a personal drive time of 1 hour 45 minutes
• A personalised certificate
What Can I Expect
Our kids 4x4 in Kent - forget skateboards, scooters and in-lines this is the way to roll! They'll make all their school friends well jealous when they tell them that they took a big, fat 4x4 vehicle out for a drive - taking on the slopes and winning!
It's the eager youngsters who'll be in the driving seat of a fancy off road vehicle on this experience in Kent. Taking place at the lovely Eastwell Manor park estate, there's plenty of room for teens to try their hand at off roading - 3000 acres in fact. And don't forget this is an exclusive 4x4ing session for one teen at a time.
What's more, the team here at Eastwell Manor only do 4x4 driving and training - this whole set up isn't just an off-shoot to other driving activities on the same site, it is the focus of what they do. That means youngsters are getting the best possible instruction in the best available 4x4s for the job on this challenging Kentish course.
Both Land Rover Discoveries and the proper pick-up style work-horse that is the Toyota HiLux feature. They're regularly used by professionals where the terrain is rugged and remote, from emergency services and farmers, to surveyors working in the mountains and even for crossing desserts. Your little darling kids will certainly get an idea of just what these 4x4 vehicles can do and they'll love it.
As for the terrain the kids will be tackling - well, it's no different to what the adults drive on! The chalky Kent hills and the rain water mixes to create a wonderfully gloopy mud surface that sets pretty solid when it dries - great fun for the driver, not so much for the person who has to clean the 4x4! So when the sun is shining on this corner of Kent you've got serious ruts and bumps and when it's wet there are water splashes everywhere.
We think these kids 4x4 Kent experiences are great fun for both boys and girls. Of course, they won't have and don't need a driving licence, the only prerequisite is that they are tall enough to be able to see out of the windscreen and use the pedals, which is generally around the 4ft 8" mark. The only other decision to make is whether you treat your teen to a one or two hour 4x4 session here at Eastwell Manor!
• Available on selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Suitable for ages 12-17
• Minimum height 5ft
• Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
• Non participating spectators are welcome to come along however there are no views of the driving area
• You can bring up to two guests with you who can ride as passengers, subject to an additional fee
• There is an indoor guest area with tables and seating and toilet facilities
• Tea and coffee is available to purchase
• You are welcome to bring your own food
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You must wear comfortable casual clothing and trainers
• Please inform the supplier of any relevant medical conditions upon booking
• Near Ashford, Kent