• Explore Ullswater in the Lake District in a kayak
• See islands, beaches and beautiful scenery
• All equipment provided including buoyancy aids
• Friendly specialist guide
• Choose from a full or half day kayaking session
• Picnic lunch is provided on full day experiences
• You may form part of a small group of up to 6 people
What Can I Expect
Paddles up for kayaking in the Lake District! This is quite possibly the loveliest part of England for a spot of kayaking. You’ll be paddling on Ullswater, the prettiest of the larger lakes that make up the famous Lake District National Park.
We are offering full and half day kayaking experiences out of Ullswater. Your amiable host and guide for the day is Leigh. He’s a fully qualified BCU Sea Kayaking guide who loves his outdoor adrenaline sports and, whilst he’s paddled on waters around the world, he adores being able to kayak with clients in the Lake District.
Leigh has a fleet of kayaks at his disposal that are ideal for beginners and novices alike as they are really stable - so there’s no need for any previous experience to be able to enjoy these sessions. If it's forecast to be windy only the double kayaks will be used, for extra stability.
As well as honing your paddle skills, these excursions are all about enjoying the scenery. Setting off from Glenridding Sailing Centre, which is at the south end of Ullswater lake, you will soon find yourself admiring the views. There’s so much to explore in the immediate area. From the isolated little islands of Cherry Holm and Wall Holm, to the beautiful and remote Silver Bay and the unspoilt beauty of Blowick Bay, you’ll see it all.
It’s all done at a relaxing and calm pace too. It’s not a race, there are no rapids to ride - just the very best backdrop you could hope for and a friendly instructor to help you discover all the hidden gems you might not spot from onshore.
We can highly recommend going for the full day session of kayaking in the Lake District. Leigh has worked out the perfect itinerary for the day, which includes a stop off in a secluded spot for a picnic lunch. The food is all provided - and there’s nothing better than a bit of paddling to build up an appetite!
• Experiences operate throughout the year, subject to availability and weather conditions
• Full days start at 09.30 finishing around 16:00
• Half days run from 09.30 until 12.30 or 13:00 until 16:00
• A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased for this experience
• Suitable for beginners and experienced kayakers alike
• Minimum age 16
• Maximum weight 110kg
• Due to the nature of this activity it is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
Participants should bring;
• A bottle of water
• A strap for any glasses worn
• Any medication required
• A change of clothes in the unlikely event of you falling into the water
• Tours leave from and return to Glenridding Sailing Centre, Glenridding