• Junior Rally experience driving a rally prepared Ford Ka
• Safety and driving briefing
• In car demonstration on handbrake turns and sliding
• Finish off with an instructor driven high speed passenger ride
• 1: 1 instruction whilst in the car with 6 drivers taking turns
• Session 1: Car & track familiarisation - several laps around the stage gaining steering and clutch control
• Session 2: Opportunity to practice hand brake turns and powerslides
• Session 3: Drive the full rally stage practicing your newly learnt skills
• Session 4: Try your hand at handbrake turns to the right! finishing off with powerslides in either donut or figure of eight
• As per the half day during the morning
• Lunch break (not included but can be purchased on site)
• Further classroom session building on your rally driving knowledge
• Drive the full special stage several times with your instructor monitoring your progress
• The authentic 'arrowed' route features fast and slow bends, straights and different surfaces
• Build up your confidence and speed testing your new skills and ability to the full
What Can I Expect
These sought-after vouchers offer extended junior rallying in Northamptonshire! These half and full day rally sessions are the experiences all the kids want to do. They’re by far the most popular sellers for this renowned rally centre located in a very special part of Northamptonshire.
Yep, this place is at the very beating heart of British motorsport. It’s right opposite Silverstone race circuit, which only goes to make the kids even more excited about their rallying day. These sessions are specifically aimed at kids, so there’s no driver’s licence needed and no previous driving experience needed either.
Kids will need to be at least 4ft 6” tall though, so that they can see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals. The minimum age is 10 and the maximum is 16 inclusive. Everything your junior rally fans need to have a go at this thrilling motorsport is included, from the suitably rally-prepped car to the massively experienced instructor!
What’s nice about these rallying sessions for juniors, is that this Northamptonshire team takes the time to do a classroom briefing before the kids get out there and drive, so everyone knows what to expect and how the event will unfold. There’s also a quick whizz around the stage so junior rallyers can have a first look at the layout with an instructor driving.
The first driving session will hone your teens’ steering and clutch skills. After that, it’s time to knuckle down and learn those classic rallying moves. Forget mirror, signal, manoeuvre (there’s plenty of time for that when they’re older!) this is all about busting handbrake turns, power slides and doughnuts. Total fun.
For those lucky juniors rallying in Northamptonshire on a full day course, there's a second set of driving sessions running on the full length of the rally stage. This gives the mini rally drivers the chance to co-ordinate all the skills they learnt earlier and storm the loose gravel stage like a rally pro. Then there’s even a white knuckle passenger ride to round off a brilliant day.
• Experiences are available on at least one Sunday per month throughout the year as well as during school holidays
• Sessions start at 9am finishing around 12 noon
• Sessions start at 9am finishing around 3pm
• Minimum age of 10 and a maximum age of 16
• All participants must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Height restrictions: minimum 4ft 6ins, maximum 6ft 1ins
• Maximum weight is 14 stone
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in action from the indoor and outdoor viewing areas
• Food and drink is available to purchase throughout the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The rally school is opposite Silverstone race circuit midway between Junction 10 of the M40 and Junction 15a of the M1