• A VIP invitation to a leading British car manufacturer
• Come up with the drawing for your car with the professional designer
• Get called back to approve the scale model concept car before it goes into production
• Watch as you car is created on the production line of the ultra modern car manufacturing plant
• Enjoy being chauffeur driven to school and back in your car for a full term
What Can I Expect
Check this our kids - a car designed by you and built just for you! See your very own car design come to life on this junior car designer experience. The dream cars of children become a reality and once it’s built, a professional driver will be on hand to drive you into school in your creation for a whole school term. How cool is that?
The idea of this junior car designer course is that children sit down in the workshop of a famous British car manufacturer (we can’t divulge which one, as it’s top secret until you book) and you will be given the chance to draw the car of your dreams on paper. It doesn’t have to be a masterpiece in technical drawing, the skilled team are very good at interpreting even the most ‘impressionist’ of squiggles on a page by even the youngest of junior car designers.
Once you’ve signed off your design, it gets handed over to the concept office. They will build a scale replica of your creation. It’s at this point that you miniature designers will be invited back to agree all the interior and exterior details. You’ll be able to choose the colour of your car bodywork, the brake calipers and so on from a huge palette, as well as picking out the interior fabrics and materials you prefer too.
And of course, you can let your imagine go wild. Maybe you’d like polkadot racing bucket seats? How about integrating a 40” Smart TV in there? Or perhaps you’ll be more concerned about what alloy wheels you’d like, or how fat the spoiler’s going to be? Everything is customisable.
For it to be transformed into an actual, real, motor vehicle, a team of specialist automotive technicians will take over from the design team. In the pristine workshops your car will be manufactured from scratch. It’ll also be completely exclusive, being the only one in the world ever to role off the production line.
On this junior car designer experience you’ll be able to watch the whole process as the chassis moves around the plant, until it passes through the final checks. A driver will be waiting to take you back home from the car factory in your fabulous, personally designed car and you will just love it. They will be back again 08:15am sharp, the next and every school day for the rest of the term, ready to take you to school. Now we reckon that makes school worth getting up for doesn’t it?
• The process to create your own car starts during the Easter holidays, so you car is ready for the summer term
• Junior designers need to be between the ages of 6 and 16 years old
• All young designers must be accompanied by one or two adults, parents or guardians throughout
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All cars will be powered with standard factory-fitted 2.0L engines, suspension, transmission and brake systems etc, but the manufacturers will stay as faithful as possible to your original drawing for the style and look of your car
• Please note, the school run journey is limited to two 10 mile round trips per day and drivers will only do direct journeys from home to school and school to home, with no stop offs at Nandos or any other fast food eateries
• A secret location within the West Midlands, the home of British motor manufacturing