• A Jetbike experience
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Machine introduction/instruction with an RYA qualified instructor
• Approximately 20 minutes riding time, including tuition
• Buoyancy aids are provided
• A passenger may ride with you for an additional charge of £10 payable on the day
What Can I Expect
This is a real speed demon and water lover's delight, as you get to ride a brilliant sit-down jet bike. You’ll be powering over the water on your jetbike at a lake just off junction 11 of the M4 at Reading in Berkshire. If you’ve never been on one of these machines before, they’re pretty exhilarating and a great adrenaline rush!
Learning to ride a jetbike has got to be a water lover’s dream and the ones here in Reading are all sit down models, which makes them pretty easy to learn to ride - and surprisingly, they are relatively stable too. Mind you, don't be fooled - as soon as you open the throttle, you're away quicker than you can say 'Where are the brakes?'.
If it’s your very first time and you're feeling a little nervous, one of the instructors will be there to guide you through the whole procedure. You’ll receive a safety briefing and be shown the course on the lake. When you take to the water, your instructor will sit on the back during your initial lap to keep an eye on your driving ability. Although they are pretty easy to handle, you do need to know the basics to be able to ride out on the water solo.
Once you’ve got the hang of it, it’s time to go it alone to really see what these Personal Water Craft can do. You’ll find they’re responsive and handle beautifully on the corners, giving you the confidence to skim across the water at speed around the course marked out with buoys.
There will be other jetbike riders out on this Reading lake at the same as you, making the experience even more of an adventure. It's not a race, but having the challenge of ygoing around the markers makes it great fun as you bounce along, the spray hitting your face as you ride those waves.
With all that excitement out on the lake, you'll probably want to relax afterwards and what better way to do that than chilling out on one of the many seating areas around the lake? This Jet Biking centre near Reading offers great facilities for all the family, with onsite snacks and refreshments and even a wonderful bar and grill, where you can sit on the balcony and watch the fun on the water during the summer months. An excellent choice for a day out in Reading.
• Experiences operate on weekend dates from April to November, subject to availability
• Sessions are usually available between 11am and 5pm
• Minimum age 16
• There is no age limit for passengers if an adult is driving
• These experiences are unsuitable for non swimmers
• All under 18's must be accompanied on site by a parent or guardian who must sign an indemnity on their behalf
• There may be other craft using the lake
• Friends and family are very welcome (but no dogs please), there are viewing areas from the Clubhouse decking area around the lake
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• At no time must participants be under the influence of alcohol
• You should bring swimwear, towel and a pair of watershoes or old trainers
• Wetsuits are available to hire at £5 per suit on the day, watershoes and towels are also available to purchase, if required
• Hot and cold drinks and snacks are available to purchase from 10.30am -6pm daily
• There are changing rooms with toilets and power showers
• Pingewood, Reading, Berkshire
• The venue is boasts a 25 acre freshwater lake which provides a one mile course for jetbikes
• Conveniently located 5 minutes from junction 11 of the M4 at Reading