• Allow spending two hours at the centre with around an hour on the water
• Following a safety briefing you'll receive tuition both on land and water from a qualified instructor
• After a practice session you'll be led out beyond the harbour
• Three jetskis are available
• All equipment is provided including wetsuits and safety gear
• You'll be accompanied by an instructor on their own jetski at all times
• If you choose the shared session for two voucher, you and a friend can share the session together on one jetski
What Can I Expect
These sessions on a jet ski in Dorset operate out of Poole - the second largest natural harbour in the world. Whether you are a novice or experienced rider, this experience offers a top class ride around the Dorset coastline. Even before you hit the water, you will have a safety briefing where key skills are taught by a fully qualified Personal Water Craft Instructor.
Then it’s time to launch on your personal watercraft. You will start out in the calmer waters of this harbourside, where you can skim across the relatively smooth and sheltered waters at speed and learn the basics of how to drive these thrilling and agile craft.
When you feel confident that the powerful jet ski is under your control, it’s time to head out to sea where you can really open up the throttle in the clear coastal waters. Here’s where the jet ski safari starts proper. You’ll be speeding over the waves with up to three other jet skiers, including one instructor, who is on hand all the time.
You will be riding the very latest Sea Doo GTI 4-Tec SE sit down model and the tour will last around one hour. These are award-winning craft that are easy and stable to ride, making them popular on inland lakes and the open seas. These machines have a possible top speed of more than 50mph – but they may be limited to a lower depending on the conditions and skill level of riders.
Heading west from Poole your safari will take you past spectacular chalk Old Harry Rocks at Studland and giving you views of the Jurassic Coast, an area rich in dinosaur and other fossils, that stretches to Lyme Regis in Dorset and then on to Exmouth in Devon. You won’t have time to see it all of course, but this fabulous experience will give you an unforgettable and thrilling view of the coast from the sea, all whilst riding your own jet ski!
• Sessions from mid March to October seven days a week, subject to availability
• Minimum age is 18
• You should be confident in the water and able to swim
• You'll need to bring a towel and swimwear to wear under your wetsuit
• All riders will need to sign a waiver declaring that they have no known impairment or illness that may affect them operating the watercraft safely
• You will be covered for Public Liability Insurance but Personal Accident Insurance is recommended
• The activity isn't really suitable for spectators however there's usually lots to see at the Marina
• Changing facilities and showers are provided
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Poole Harbour in Dorset