• Two hour luxury motor cruiser experience
• Cruise at between 20-30 knots aboard the Targa 43 luxury cruiser
• Head across the Solent to explore Cowes the heart of British sailing
• Take in the coastline views along with Queen Victoria's favourite country home, Osborne house from the water
• Sit back and relax in style with a glass of bubbly each
• You will form part of a group of up to 12 participants
• Opt for the charter and you will have exclusive use of the cruiser for up to 12 people
What Can I Expect
All aboard for Isle of Wight motor cruiser trips from Southampton! Departing from Ocean Village Marina, you’ll enjoy a round trip exploring the Isle of Wight coastline, seeing the sights from the VIP vantage point of your luxury cruiser!
These Isle of Wight boat cruises are sold on an individual passenger basis, (where you’ll be part of a group of up to 12 on the boat), or you can charter the whole vessel for up to 12 of you. The itinerary for both is the same, with you cruising out of the marina towards the Isle of Wight.
Heading along Southampton Waters, you get a superb view of the estuary as it widens out into the Solent. This is also where the ferries operating the Southampton to East Cowes are routed, so don’t be surprised if you find yourselves playing in the wake of the big boats!
As Cowes and East Cowes come into view, you’ll see why Cowes is synonymous with sailing and boating. This is the home of the famous Cowes Week sailing regatta, which is one of the longest-running in the world, hosting up to 1000 boats every August for races and events.
After exploring the estuary where the River Medina meets the Solent, you’ll power off around the headland to catch a glimpse of Osborne House from the water. This was Queen Victoria and Prince Albert’s summer retreat - and you can see why it was much-loved by them. Occupying an imposing position on the Isle of Wight, the opulent Italianate design of the house is rather breathtaking.
Surrounded by lush green land, finely manicured gardens and the lovely beach and Swiss Cottage, we can only imagine how nice it would have been to spend the summer holidays. Your viewpoint of Osborne from the water is pretty special too and your skipper will point out all the best bits.
Having cruised around the local Cowes area, you’ll head back to Ocean Village Marina. These Isle of Wight motor cruiser trips last, in total, around two hours and are operated by a very fancy Fairline Targa 43 luxury cruiser, with plenty of deck space and seating for you to relax and take in the superb views, with a glass of bubbly in hand!
• Shared experiences operate on selected weekend dates between May and September
• Exclusive charters are available weekdays and weekends
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age is 8 years
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• This experience can be bumpy so is not suitable for pregnant women or those suffering from a bad back or neck
• Warm, outdoor clothing is recommended as well as flat soled shoes
• A waterproof jacket is a good idea, even in hot weather
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is a café at the marina as well as a local supermarket
• There is a toilet onboard the boat
• There is parking available at the marina for a small charge
• There is a 10% discount on food purchased at the Pitcher & Piano and Banana Wharf restaurants in the marina on the date of the experience
• Booking confirmation must be shown on arrival for the discount to be applied
• The route is subject to change in the event of adverse weather
• Ocean Village Marina, Southampton