• Allow three hours for this Indian Cookery experience
• A short walk to view local shops for authentic ingredients
• Learn to cook easy curries using spices cleverly
• Tips and ideas from a leading cookery expert
• All ingredients and equipment is supplied
• You will eat what you cook
• You will be part of a group on the day
What Can I Expect
This Curry Cooking Course in the capital shows you how to wow your friends with a fabulous curry that doesn't take hours to prepare! The aim of this half day course is to demonstrate that you don't have to slave over a hot stove all day to create a proper tasting curry cooked at home.
The course is run by Monisha. Born in Mumbai, Monisha set up home in the UK when she was 22. She is a fully qualified chef, but soon realised with our busy working lives we haven't got hours to prepare food, so she's found her own distinctive cooking style that means you can whip up an authentic curry in minutes on this fun course. As well as being time consuming, she also knows curry can have a reputation for being too greasy or too spicy, but this course will show that doesn't have to be the case when cooking this sort of food.
Your course starts with meeting at Hounslow West underground station, then Monisha will guide you round some of the best local shops to pick up cooking ingredients to make a fabulous curry in this really cosmopolitan part of London. Then it's back to the kitchen to learn how to make deliciously easy curries.You will be shown some of the best basic sauce recipes, with the aim of bringing out the true flavours of the spices you use
And the best part about this half day curry cooking course? The fact that after everything has been cooked up, you all get to sit down with your course mates and sample the curry dishes that have been created using only the best and most authentic ingredients sourced locally. Your friends will be amazed at your new found curry making skills!
• Selected Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year
• Availability may be subject to a minimum number of guests attending
• An excellent course for lovers of Indian food which is suitable for all abilities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Hounslow, Middlesex
• The course begins by meeting at Hounslow West Tube Station (Piccadilly Line)
• There is meter parking on Bath Road nearby and free parking at weekends in Hounslow West tube station