• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 1 to 1 instruction on handling the hovercraft and its controls
• You will learn how to fly the hovercrafts across ponds and numerous bends
• Return to the viewing area to observe others on the course and pick up tips from the experienced staff
• Final lap for the time trial race to see who gets the fastest time of the day!
• Allow one and a half hours on site
• You will form part of a group of up to 6 participants
• Drivers are provided with crash helmets with built in blue tooth communication
• Opt for the ultimate hovercraft racing and you will receive twice as long on the track and additional training
What Can I Expect
No brakes, bags of thrust and an inflatable skirt - that's hovercraft flying in Cheshire for you! Hovercrafts offering passenger services might be a distant memory, but the racing spirit lives on with these fantastic sports models. Here's your chance to get your hands on one and see what it feels like to hover just centimetres off the ground at speed.
The sensation when driving a hovercraft has been likened to the thrills of low level flying. Frodsham's marshlands provide an excellent setting for testing out this theory, as you take one of these powerful vehicles out on the purpose-built hover cross track. Your first session is to get used to the controls, the second outing will hone your hovercrafting skills and finally, you’ll do a timed lap to see who races their hovercraft the fastest around the track.
As much of this site is on marshland, the land has a tendency to get waterlogged and very soggy, making it ideal for hovercraft racing. And believe us, there's nothing like the feeling of flying as you turn onto the water and start skimming and accelerating in your hovercraft as you go, to try and beat the clock. Oh and that bit about having no brakes, well, we'll let the team of highly experienced instructors here in Cheshire tell you just how to slow down and stop!
This friendly centre in Cheshire uses the well-known Flying Fish hovercrafts that offer fun and thrills on a highly manoeuvrable sit down craft and there is also a BBV hovercraft waiting in the wings. Now these machines might not be as familiar, but they certainly pack a serious punch as they are powerful, ultra rugged and reliable - we'll have to see who has the tenacity to handle these slippery sliders!
If you're looking for an intense, high thrills outdoor experience, hovercraft flying at Cheshire's number one venue is hard to beat. For extended hovercrafting time, opt for the Ultimate which voucher, which gives you double time. Just be prepared to get soaked by the hovercraft's spray flying everywhere, as you swing around this entertaining Cheshire circuit, trying to post the best lap time!
• Weekends throughout the year with selected weekdays
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on site
• Maximum weight around 18 stone
• A good general level of fitness is required
• Not suitable during pregnancy
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You should wear comfortable clothing and long trousers as you may be kneeling down in the vehicle
• Waterproof clothing is advised
• For groups of over 6 please contact Into the Blue for more information and pricing
• Frodsham, Cheshire