• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 1 to 1 instruction on handling the hovercraft and its controls
• You will learn how to fly the hovercrafts on the training track or across ponds and numerous bends depending on the package you choose
• Choose the Hover Craft Racing or Ultimate package and you'll get to return to the viewing area to watch others and pick up some tips from the experts and then take to the large hovercraft track and on the final lap you will take part in a time trial race
• Allow one hour on site for the Taster Session or Hover Craft Racing and one and a half hours on site for the Ultimate Hover Craft Racing
• You will form part of a group of up to 6 participants
• Drivers are provided with crash helmets with built in blue tooth communication
• Opt for the Ultimate Hovercraft Racing and you will receive twice as long on the track and additional training
What Can I Expect
Your hovercraft experience in Cheshire is all about no brakes, bags of thrust and an inflatable skirt! Hovercrafts offering passenger services might be a distant memory, but the racing spirit lives on with these fantastic sports models. Here's your chance to get your hands on one and see what it feels like to hover just centimetres off the ground at speed.
We are offering a trio of hovercrafting sessions for you. The Taster is perfect for a first go, as you’ll be learning on the training circuit, away from the water. The Racing experience will see you hitting the main track (where the water splashes are) for a duel or a time trial. And the Ultimate hovercraft session here in Cheshire gives you double or everything!
The sensation when driving a hovercraft has been likened to the thrills of low level flying. And believe us, there's nothing like that feeling of flying as you turn onto the water and start skimming. Oh and that bit about having no brakes? Well, we'll let the team of highly experienced instructors here in Cheshire tell you just how to slow down and stop!
With not one but two purpose-built hover cross tracks and a fleet of 10 hovers at your disposition, Frodsham's marshlands provide an excellent setting for testing that low-level flying theory. And being marshy, the ground has a tendency to get waterlogged and very soggy as well, making extra thrilling hovercraft racing.
This specialist hover centre uses the well-known Flying Fish hovercrafts that offer fun and thrills on a highly manoeuvrable sit down craft and there is also a BBV hovercraft waiting in the wings. Now these machines might not be as familiar, but they certainly pack a serious punch as they are powerful, ultra rugged and reliable - we'll have to see who has the tenacity to handle these slippery sliders!
With three different hovercraft experiences in Cheshire, we think there’s a session for abilities and ages. And remember, if you want the thrills of the water splashes go for the Racing or Ultimate experiences, otherwise the Taster is the one for a less soggy hovercraft initiation session!
• Weekends throughout the year with selected weekdays
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on site
• Minimum weight is 8 stone and maximum weight 18 stone
• Maximum height of 6ft 5"
• A good general level of fitness is required
• Not suitable during pregnancy
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You should wear comfortable clothing and long trousers as you may be kneeling down in the vehicle
• Suitable outdoor and waterproof clothing is advised
• It is recommended to bring along a spare change of clothes and a towel
• For groups of over six please contact Into The Blue for more information and pricing
• Frodsham, Cheshire