Solo Hovercraft Experience
• A 30 minute solo hovercraft experience, with 20 minutes of you at the controls
• Your experience will begin with a welcome and short safety briefing
• All tuition is one to one with the instructor
• 10 minute introduction where you will learn to fly on land with an experienced instructor as you master the basics of hovercraft flight
• Take to the deep water 33 acre lake for a 20 minute session
• You can communicate with your instructor via a two way radio headset
• Allow approximately one hour on site
Hovercraft for Two
• Choose the hovercraft for two experience and you will receive a 20 minute session each (10 minutes on land and 10 minutes on water)
What Can I Expect
Watch out, there’ll be some serious flying fun on water with our hovercrafting in Bedfordshire! Situated on the Wyboston Lakes, its enjoyment factor 10 as you cruise over the lake on these one to one sessions. Being at the helm of a racing hovercraft as you skim the water is guaranteed to give the wow factor and miles of smiles!
What's more, there's no hanging around waiting your turn at this Bedfordshire centre, as the hovercrafting time is allotted just for you. First you will learn the basics, including accelerating and stopping the craft (useful to know, considering there are no brakes). Then there’s how to pilot the vehicle with the handlebars and shifting your body weight to help manoeuvre.
Once that's all been covered by this Bedfordshire team, it’s time to fire up the fan and go hovercrafting in style, starting off by pulling some 360’s on land to get used to the controls, before you take full advantage of the craft’s amphibious quality and hit the water.
What makes this hovercraft venue near St Neots in Bedfordshire unique is the water. Far from being simply a watersplash obstacle, this is a full-sized lake. That means you'll have serious room to glide and manoeuvre for that floating sensation as you literally skim the water. It's possible to accelerate to high speeds, drifting sideway at up to 40mph and there's even room to bust out 180, 360 and 720 degree turns. As you hit the waves you’ll become airborne and the noise of the fan is so loud you need a headset to hear the instructions from your coach sitting behind you.
Hovercrafting at Bedfordshire's lakeside setting is without doubt the best for those wanting to experience the sensation of waterborne lift off. What's more, the hovercrafts this Bedfordshire team uses are the British designed and built, FlyingFish, regarded as the most reliable, durable and safe personal hovercrafts on the market. Time to let rip on the tranquil waters of this lake and make some air-powered waves. Please visit our main hovercrafting section to see the full range of hovercraft experiences we have on offer now!
• Available on most weekend dates between February to December
• Some weekday dates are available by prior arrangement
• Minimum age 16 years
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• All safety equipment and clothing is provided by the venue
• Participants must bring along their own towel and must arrive 15 minutes before the start time
• Spectators are very welcome to watch the participants both on land and in water from the viewing areas onsite
• Guests are welcome to stay onsite after the experience and watch other activities taking place
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The venue offers a large clubhouse with a licensed bar as well as changing and showering facilities
• Ample parking is available
• Wyboston Lakes near St Neots in Bedfordshire