• A weekday morning balloon flight lasting around one hour
• Allow three hours on site for the whole experience
• The chance to assist with the inflation and deflation of the balloon
• Flights operate with baskets holding between 8 and 16 people
• Some locations offer a glass of champagne on landing with others offering slightly longer flights
What Can I Expect
Looking for hot air balloon deals? The key to getting the best discount deals on hot air balloon rides is when you go. If you can make a weekday, early morning launch date, you can get a hot air balloon ride at rock bottom prices. We have a handpicked selection of sites offering sunrise rides in a hot air balloon for just £129 per person.
These great value deals do mean that you have to be available in the mornings during the week to fly. And we’ll be honest, it’s often a patience game with hot air ballooning, as rides need optimal weather conditions to operate - but it is SO worth it when you do get airborne. Let’s tell you more about these discounted rides in hot air balloons...
A meeting time at the launch site of something like 6am might seem harsh, but this is honestly the best time of the day to ride in a hot air balloon. Nothing can beat a graceful ascension over the countryside as the sun comes up. It’s so quiet, so tranquil and a real privilege to witness the world waking up from your aerial view in the basket.
The deal with these rides is that, as you and your fellow passengers gather, the hot air balloon crew starts the inflation process. You’re very welcome to watch and take photos, or you can actually join in and lend a hand as the pilot blasts the warm air into the canopy. Plenty of hands are needed to unfold the balloon and help tether it until the basket rights itself (as it starts on it’s side).
Once all passengers are onboard and ready, it’s time for the ride to begin. As the balloon is released, it’s a slow, gentle and serene take off. It has been said ballooning is not to be rushed and you’d have to agree. It’s all about peacefully floating along, taking in the stunning views as you go. As away you go for around an hour’s flying in your hot air balloon, the first thing nearly every passenger comments on is how green the countryside below looks.
Remember, to benefit from these hot air balloon deals, you need to fly during the week at sunrise. The hot air ballooning season generally runs from April to October/November time and slots always book up fast, so as soon as you’ve received your discounted hot air balloon voucher, make sure you arrange a date to fly.
• Weekday mornings (excluding Bank Holidays) from March/April to October/November, subject to availability and weather conditions
• Please book at least four weeks in advance
• Balloon flights rely on suitable wind speed and weather, if you are unlucky with the weather you can rebook another date with the operator
• Minimum age 8
• Under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Minimum height 4'6"
• Not suitable for pregnant women
• Any medical conditions must be declared in advance
• Spectators are welcome free of charge to watch, but there are no special or separate facilities for spectators at the launch site
• Once airborne, spectators can follow the balloon if they wish at their own risk, however following the ground crew vehicle is not recommended
• If spectators arrive at the landing site, they must seek permission from the ground crew to enter the site.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Wear sensible outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear. Bring a hat and remember launch sites may be muddy in Spring and Autumn.
• Balloon flights rely on suitable winds and weather. If your flight is cancelled due to the weather you can rebook another date with the Balloon operator. Should your flight be postponed by the operator on 5 or more occasions in a one year period, they will extend the voucher, free of charge, to include the next three months of the main flying season, and, if necessary, further extensions will be given provided you continue to make a reasonable attempt to fly. If your flight is not taken within this period you may lose your entitlement. However, vouchers can be extended for a further 12 months if you contact the operator before the expiry date (£50 per person fee applies).
• Specific Launch sites within the areas may vary and will be decided upon by the operator to suit weather conditions on the day
• Locations are subject to change
• Bath - Bath City
• Berkshire - Reading and Padworth
• Bristol - Bristol City
• South Buckinghamshire - Great Missenden and Quainton
• Cheshire - Chester, Nantwich, Whitchurch
• Cornwall - Launceston
• Derbyshire - Rowsley, Tissington Hall, Clover Fields Caravan Park
• Devon - Exeter, Plymouth, Tiverton
• Dorset - Sherbourne, Shaftesbury, Blanford
• Gloucestershire - Evesham, Moreton in Marsh
• Hampshire (North) - Basingstoke, Hartley Wintney
• Hampshire (South) - Micheldever, Alton, West Meon
• Herefordshire - Eastnor Castle (Nr Leadury), Worcester Racecourse
• Hertfordshire - Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Watford, Tring
• Kent - Paddock Wood, Bewl Water
• Monmouthshire Wales - Llanarth, Tintern, Monmouth
• Norfolk - Norwich
• Oxfordshire - Oxford
• Shropshire - Whitchurch, Nantwich
• Somerset - Taunton, Castle Cary, Yeovil
• Staffordshire - Shugborough Hall, Trentham and Stone
• Suffolk - Eye (nr Diss)
• Surrey - Farnham, Godalming, Guildford
• Sussex (East) - Ashdown Park Hotel, Hickstead & Patcham
• Warwickshire - Warwick, Stratford upon Avon, Morton in Marsh, Evesham • Wiltshire - Larmer Tree Gardens, Tollard Royal
• Worcestershire - Worcester Racecourse and Eastnor Castle
• Yorkshire - York