• One hour guided horseback trek
• Explore the local countryside around Sussex
• A selection of routes are used
• Take in views of the rolling High Weald or picturesque woodlands and hidden villages
• 1:1 riding lesson with a qualified instructor
• Lessons focus on confidence and position, catering for all abilities
• Adult lessons last 45 minutes and child lessons last 30 minutes
What Can I Expect
Go horse riding in West Sussex and discover this very lovely part of the country on horseback! Suitable for all levels of rider from novices to the experienced, we are offering horse treks and riding lessons out of these stables in the village of Rusper.
Hannah and her dedicated team run this independent riding school in the heart of West Sussex. It’s a fun and friendly place, where there’s a warm welcome, good facilities and a lovely family of horses for you to ride.
All have been chosen for their good temperament, their experience and they are all well-mannered. To Hannah they are all very special members of her family. You might get to ride Paddy the very gentle Irish bred gelding who's perfect for boosting confidence in the saddle. Competent riders will love the very handsome Yogi, a big horse with a great personality who stands at 17.2 hands high.
Riders with a little bit of time in the saddle will love the trek option. All experiences are guided and you’ll ride out from the stables on an hour-long hack, taking in the very picturesque surroundings. This part of West Sussex is lovely, with lots of bridleways and quiet lanes that criss-cross the countryside. Being located midway between Horsham and Crawley, this riding school is right next to the River Mole with the South Downs and High Weald on its doorstep.
For those new to riding, or for anyone wanting to advance their riding techniques, there are one to one riding lessons too. The horse riding instructors will start by chatting to you about your experience with horses and what you’d like to achieve from the lesson. Then it’s out to the arena for your personal riding lesson.
The personalised lessons last around 45 minutes for adults and 30 minutes for children. Treks are one hour long and, of course, a riding hat will be provided for you, but if you have your own you're very welcome to bring it along. Jodhpurs and riding boots would be great, but there’s no need to have them for these horse riding lessons at this West Sussex school. Isn't time you got back in saddle?
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Morning and afternoon sessions are generally available
• Minimum age 5
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• All riders must wear a riding hat which can be provided or you can bring your own
• Suitable for novice and experienced riders alike
• Child vouchers are valid for ages 5-15, adult vouchers for 16 plus
• Some riding experience is preferable. For complete novices a lesson is recommended beforehand
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear, such as riding boots should be worn
• Flat shoes are acceptable but strictly no open toed shoes
• Rusper, near Horsham, West Sussex